1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

CRKT folts minimalist

Discussion in 'The Way Station' started by the modern day assassain, Mar 1, 2014.

1. the modern day assassain

the modern day assassain Empty Pockets

I was wondering, does anybody own one of these? I've been looking at a good utility knife for EDC and maybe for my day-pack. what are your thoughts on the knife, what does it carry like, pros and cons? Thanks in advance. :)

2. Knightrock
    • The Omnia Paratus

Knightrock EDC Junkie!!!!!

This is as close as I have. I wear it as a neck knife.

[​IMG]

warchild likes this.
  3. Legend

Legend Loaded Pockets

I bought one from my local Lowe's for twenty bones. Once I got it out of the god awful clam shell packaging I got a good feel for the knife. I realized I liked this thing a lot for what it is. It is small, very small knife which can be good or bad depending on your situation. It is easy to conceal, but not much blade (bout 2"). Its a Good knife if you want a light weight sharp as hell EDC fixed blade. Using for food prep or opening, and other small cutting chores etc. It is bad if you want a buschcrafting/hard use beater fixed blade. Also not a "tactical" knife. Like the name implies it as definitely a minimalist knife. I like mine a lot especially for twenty bucks. If you were to get a knife for your daypack I would look at a bigger blade such as ESEE or TOPS. Something with a little longer blade and better steel (say 3-4"). The minimalist is more of an EDC blade, definitely worth the twenty bucks. Also forgot to mention I have medium sized hands and this thing fits my hands alright especially with the finger grooves in the handles.

Pros: Lightweight, affordable, sharp out of box, easily concealable, reliable, and good ergos.

Cons: Chinese made, 8cr13mov steel, small (may not be an issue), funky recureve on mine.

If you want pics or have more questions feel free to ask.
    --Ben

warchild likes this.
  4. warchild
    • Memoria in Aeterna
    • The Omnia Paratus

warchild Eternal Pockets

I had a Minimalist and a spew, both were excellent knives for the price. If you have the opportunity pick one up I doubt you will regret it. CRKT also went all out on the sheath supplied with the knife. It has a neck chain and a Belt loop with hardware included.

5. flatblackcapo

flatblackcapo EDC Junkie!!!!!

I have the wharncliffe Minimalist. I have no complaints at all. For such a small knife it is incredibly comfortable in hand and wonderfully useful. The sheath has good retention and is well formed. I do recommend it.

6. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • The Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

Buy the real thing, if you like the CRKT you'll really be happy. Disclaimer here I don't have the CRKT but do have the Electricians model and the Minimalist hawk bill type blade Folts.

7. the modern day assassain

It seems like a good edc neck knife. i carry an ESEE Izula everyday on my belt and ive been looking for a good neck knife to carry alongside it or as a backup. which of the blade styles do you have?

8. Legend

Legend Loaded Pockets

It is the tanto version.

9. the modern day assassain

just out of curiosity how strong is the tip on that? it looks very fine.

10. Knightrock
    • The Omnia Paratus

Knightrock EDC Junkie!!!!!

It is very fine, so I would be careful with it.

11. gingerman

gingerman Loaded Pockets

The handle format, with the grooves, limits the usefulness of this knife. This style knife is designed to be held in several ways, including withthe hook up or down, inside or out. A non-grooved handle facilitates this making a more useful overall knife.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

12. Leverdoug

Leverdoug Loaded Pockets

I have the CRKT Folts Minimalist, Bowie blade pattern, and I like it very much. I love the sheath, you can change the belt loop for vertical or horizontal carry. I have mine setup for horizontal and carry it in a cross draw/weak side appendix fashion. Very light, and it doesn't seem to catch in things or be in the way. Don't let the size fool you, this thing is very useful. I'm gonna get a SPEW next.

vegassprky likes this.
  13. REDDEVIL

REDDEVIL EDC Junkie!!!

^^^^+1

I have a tanto and the clip point minmalists. I wear them horizontally at 11 o'clock on my belt as an off hand weapon retention knife. There is absolutely nothing that I can say negatively,... fits my hand perfectly, although the first thing I did was cut the braided fob off of them. YMMV

14. JP

JP Loaded Pockets

I had one but didn't use it. I am thinking of getting one again or one from Alan Folts if I can find it.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

15. Leverdoug

Leverdoug Loaded Pockets

Anyone have a pic of the Minimalist and a Spew together for a size comparison?

16. the modern day assassain

I now have the minimalist with the warrencliffe blade and i used to own a spew. the spew provides a full grip unlike the minimalist which you can only get 3 fingers on, the spews blade is a good bit larger than the minimalist. the overall size of the spew is 6.25in and overall of the minimalist is 5.00in.

Leverdoug likes this.
  17. Leverdoug

Leverdoug Loaded Pockets

Thanks very much for the info. I wanna get a SPEW sometime I have a little extra cash. The info helps out alot in the decision.

18. the modern day assassain

Its a good knife, i just wanted a fixed blade i could stick in my pocket for edc. So i got a minimalist.