1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

CRK Inkosi or Sabenza?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by z0mbiSl4y3r, Oct 29, 2016.

1. z0mbiSl4y3r

z0mbiSl4y3r Loaded Pockets

Decided that I am going to start seriously looking into buying my first CRK. I've narrowed it down to a small Sabenza or a small Inkosi. Anyone have experience with either, or both, and can help sway me? It's been a big year for me in that I've bought a few higher end production knives for the first time. I bought my first Hinderer, my first Strider (which I sold soon after), and now I want to take the CRK plunge.

Right now, I am sort of leaning toward the Inkosi because of the overbuilt nature of the knife but I'm still undecided because I'd love to get a small Sabenza Insingo...

2. Adahn

Adahn Loaded Pockets

With such a price tag I'd try to find a knife shop to handle them personally.
    In the end I'd maybe leave with a ProTech TR-3...

3. z0mbiSl4y3r

unfortuntely, where I live in Virginia is nowhere close to a shop that would carry stuff like this.

Adahn likes this.
  4. Adahn

Adahn Loaded Pockets

Well, just like at my place, in the land of SAKs by the way...

5. TKC

TKC Loaded Pockets

I have owned both, and I prefer the Inkosi. I think that the Inkosi is THE best knife CRK has ever made. I absolutely LOVE my Inkosi. [​IMG]

6. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

I have owned, carried, and regularly use the CRK Small Sebenza. I absolutely see no reason to acquire any other folding knife not because of brand loyalty, name recognition, or any kind of actual or perceived prestige given, assigned, or implied to or about this product. I don't care about any of those.

It functions well and that is all I care about.

Biolabob and Buckeye Jake like this.
  7. z0mbiSl4y3r

I've been leaning towards the Inkosi because of the improvements made to it over the Sabenza. I may start with that, then grab an Insingo later, because for some reason that knife just calls to me. I will however be getting deep carry clips to go on whatever I decide on.

TKC likes this.
  8. z0mbiSl4y3r

Hell, I'm 45 miles from the nearest movie theater. I'd be in hog heaven if they opened up a real knife shop around here.

Adahn likes this.
  9. Buckeye Jake

Buckeye Jake Loaded Pockets

I have carried a small Sebenza for 4 years now . Every day too ,no regrets either !
    Great knife great company . watch the video meeting your maker

Jake

TKC likes this.
  10. goosefacer
    • In Omnia Paratus

goosefacer EDC Junkie!!!!!

Haven't had the Inoski, but I've had large and small Sebenzas and the best for my money is the Sebenza 25.

Buckeye Jake likes this.
  11. Biolabob

Biolabob Loaded Pockets

I have the large and small Sebenza 21 and the Umnumzaan. I love them all. However, now I'm also looking at the large or small inkosi. I cannot decide between the large or the small!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Appel

Appel Loaded Pockets

I, personally, don't like the inkosi. It is just a scaled down 25 and there are to much going on on the handle for such a small knife. It works on the 25 but not on the Inkosi (imo). I find it hard to get the thumb onto the thumb stud and the finger choils gets too small on the Inkosi. So, the small sebenza every day in the week...

13. Dirty Rod

Dirty Rod Loaded Pockets

Timely thread. I've been looking at the 21 and the Inkosi and getting feedback from owners. Like most things, it's all subjective but generally everyone loves the models they have although Appel is the third person that expressed dissatisfaction with the inkosi. Trying now to find a local dealer to try form my own opinion before rolling the dice.

Biolabob likes this.
  14. z0mbiSl4y3r

I think I'll give the Inkosi a shot first.

TKC likes this.
  15. Dirty Rod

Dirty Rod Loaded Pockets

Made that same call yesterday.
    [​IMG]

16. Cujobob

Cujobob Loaded Pockets

I have a small Sebenza insingo and an Inkosi. The improvements are not really necessary because the pivot has never been a problem and with all of the Sebenzas having been out there in the wild over the years, how often do you hear of lock up issues? The biggest reason I would recommend a small Sebenza with micarta inlays is because it has a bit more character and disengaging the lock is more pleasurable. The ergos slightly favor the Insingo, but neither are amazing.

17. Dirty Rod

Dirty Rod Loaded Pockets

It was the slight change to ergos that did it for me more than anything else.

18. mauiblue

mauiblue Loaded Pockets

Sebenza would be my first choice. I don't like the finger grooves of the Inkosi.

PTBN likes this.
  19. Ken Watson

Ken Watson Loaded Pockets

I have an inkosi and really like it. Someone said they like the feel of the lock bar on the Sebenza more, but for me I really like the feel of the ceramic lock interface on the inkosi. I also like the super huge industrial looking pivot screw but some people think it looks awkward. Just different tastes.

I think the finger grooves on the inkosi help grip what is a pretty small handle. I also do think theyd get uncomfortable with extended hard use, but this is a tiny edc knife. If you are going to use it to build an emergency log cabin, you bought the wrong tool for the job.

JB in SC likes this.
  20. dabluestuff

dabluestuff Uber Prepared

One of the huge differences you have to consider between the small 21 and the inkosi are the ergonomics. Besides the obvious differences (washers, clip placement, pivot, and detent) the ergonomics are extremely different. Ive owned many 21s and have handled many inkosis (small and large) and if you have medium to large hands, then the small inkosi is purely not for you. The finger grooves are very small and hard to even get my medium sized hands comfortably into. The 21 however, has a straighter handle that accommodates for many more hand sizes and handling styles. I personally would buy the small 21 insingo, perfect small edc knife that is tried and true. Until it gets dirty and not as smooth as when you bought it :giggle:

Crippletron likes this.