1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Crimson Trace laser sights.

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Medic7158, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Medic7158

Medic7158 Empty Pockets

I've been looking at adding a set of Crimson Trace laser grips to my 638 bodyguard.

Does anyone have a set? Which model do you use and on what gun? Are they worth the money? How quickly are they "activated", and are they effective?

2. Phaeton

Phaeton Empty Pockets

I have had a set on my Beretta 92FS for about six years. They have been reliable and if zeroed properly are extremely accurate. If you want to learn how much you shake, nothing like a laser sight on a handgun.

They activate with a very light squeeze on either grip panel and are powered on and off with a small slide switch in the left panel.

I have not used them on a revolver, but I assume the function is similar. Plan to spend some time on the range with a good gun rest to zero them.

Most important-make sure you like the actual grip shape and feel as they obviously eliminate any grip choice.

Mark

3. scbo

scbo Empty Pockets

I have had a pair on my S+W mod. 60 for about 5 years. I did a test and evaluation for the company and wrote a review that was used in their advertising. They were curious why I would want one on a mod. 60? My explanation was that I had worked undercover for 18 + years and concealability was everything, and that using the fixed sights at night were useless. Definitely go for it, head shots at 20 and 25 yards for a belly gun is unheard of. The batteries have been in it for 3 years and they are still strong. When I sighted it in I put the laser on the wall and looked through the fixed sights and adjusted them til they matched. In all this time I have never had to sight them in again even when removing the grips and putting them back on again. I have not used them on my glock I didn't feel the need but on my U/C gun you can't lose.

4. BigV

BigV Loaded Pockets

I have had CT laser grips on my Kimber Eclipse 3" gun for over 4 years. The nice thing is that they have both windage and elevation adjustments. Mine are activated by the front of the grip using my middle finger. It is very natural and the laser comes on instantly when you squeeze the grip. Since they are activated by squeezing the grips, you are not sending a constant beam to give your position away. There is also an on/off switch to turn the laser off when the gun is storage or otherwise not in use. Another great advantage is CT’s customer service top notch. They will assist you with any problems or issues you may have. I know a guy that contacted CT after the warranty on the laser had expired. They took care of him and sent him a replacement set.

They even have a great FORUM HERE that will answer a lot of questions you may have.

5. John Frederick

John Frederick Loaded Pockets

On a J frame they ROCK! They really help with dry-fire/ trigger control practice. They are well worth the price. Also they activate the instant you want them on. I've had a set of 405's on my 642 for almost 2 years and I'd hate to be without them.

6. BeerGuy

BeerGuy Loaded Pockets

I have them on my HD gun, more for my wife than for me. I really like them, though. They have a very positive, tackiness to them which really anchors the gun in your hand. Also, as previously stated, the laser REALLY exposes any shake/pull/flinch when you practice dry firing.

[img width=640 height=515]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/markdoogue/CCRTT-229R.jpg[/img]

7. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

I herd that they didn't stay accurate, thats why i went with laser max, i liked that you didn't have to sight it in and because it stayed parallel with the barrel, since it replaceds the recoil spring,,, JR

8. 1ofmany

1ofmany Loaded Pockets

I bought a special edition SIG 229 that came with with Crimson Trace sights.

I took the gun to the range and played with the laser sights - they are activated as soon as you apply the proper grip.

IMO, the laser sights are more of a gimmicky thing because when I only used the laser, I shot poorly. When I used the gun sights, I shot fine. I haven't completely analyzed the problem, but I'm guessing that I am not having good gun/trigger control when I shoot just using the lasers.

Just my opinion ...

9. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

Right, it is more of a gimmick, its basically to give the other person, a oh crap feeling... kinda like oh the police are here, i can out run them, but if the K-9 unit is here and the dogs barking, i better stay put... also if you cant use your open sights you shouldn't have a gun at all...JR