1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

CR 123A Battery Solar Charger

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by kitkat, Mar 31, 2008.

1. kitkat

kitkat Loaded Pockets

I recently bought a Steripen water purification device. It runs on CR 123s. In fact most of my out door gear runs on CR 123s. Now, in order to be efficient with space I wanted to ditch the solar charger for CR 123s that the Steripen comes with, but I have not been able to find anything on the internet that allows the solar charging of rechargeable CR 123s. Sure, there are tons for AA and AAA batteries but 'nothing' for CR 123s.

Anyone have advice or a solution for this?

2. kitkat

kitkat Loaded Pockets

I hate bumping topics, but perhaps more people may get to look at this and come up with a solution for me. :help:

Thanks - kitkat

3. Codeman

Codeman Loaded Pockets

Sorry, but I've never seen one.

4. snooky

snooky Empty Pockets

Yup, there is a cr123 solar battery charger which is actually an accessory for the steriPEN. I got it I think from REI or you can check other steriPEN outlets. It doubles as a protective case for the steriPEN also. It has a solar panel on the outside then a storage compartment for the SteriPEN inside together with a charging slot for two batteries. Hope thats what your looking for. Im from the Philippines and did an online purchase of several outdoor gadgets last year so I can't exactly remember which store i got it from.

5. kitkat

kitkat Loaded Pockets

No, I already have this. My problem is that it is the size of a brick and wastes space in my survival pack. I was looking for other options to charge CR 123s on the trail.

Note: I am sorry I was not more descriptive in my first post. I realize not everyone here is from the USA and USA slang may be difficult to understand. 'ditch' means 'get rid of' or 'throw away'