1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

CPR edc?

Discussion in 'First Aid Station' started by Water-Rat, Sep 3, 2014.

1. ace19636

ace19636 Loaded Pockets

I carry a pocket mask in both my bag and altoids tin but that's about it, I am normally no more then 20 feet from a BLS bag that has a BVM, OPA and NPA airways, O2 ect so I don't really feel the need for much more then that.

You can see the pocket mask in the center [​IMG]

Glebun, benjisimon and Water-Rat like this.
  2. medicevans

medicevans Loaded Pockets

Can I ask a stupid question? Ok, two questions? If you are that close to a bls bag, why do you need the pocket mask? Second, do you carry a bls bag, or do you mean at work?

Glebun likes this.
  3. ace19636

ace19636 Loaded Pockets

Lol it's not a stupid question, when I'm at work I have a BLS bag and what's on my rig since I am on an ambulance and when I'm not at work I have one in my vehicle that was issued to me by the department I volunteer at since we respond to medical calls out of our POV. The only reason I keep one on me is for the few times I'm not all that close to one like at the mall or something.

Glebun likes this.
  4. Glebun

Glebun Loaded Pockets

What's on the lid?

5. ace19636

ace19636 Loaded Pockets

Of my tin? There is a needle, razor blade and handcuff key on the lid. I have a full list in my EDC thread. I will add a link when I get home but here is a picture of everything (not including the twist ties, tin foil and water purification tablets I added recently) [​IMG]

Glebun and Water-Rat like this.
  6. Glebun

Glebun Loaded Pockets

Why the handcuff key? And is the needle for pneumothorax?

7. medicevans

Not my stuff, but I'm going to answer. A decomp needle would be a tight fit in an altoids tin, but definitely ain't gonna fit tapped cross ways in the lid. It looks to be a regular sewing needle. Plus, if you're decompressing a chest in the field from a pack in your pocket, you better be getting shot at, i.e. in a war zone.

Handcuff key? Eh, sometimes they come in useful. I have one in my work bag and one on my work key chain.

Glebun likes this.
  8. ace19636

ace19636 Loaded Pockets

You are correct, as a basic I also do not have the skill set to dart someone who needs to be decompressed. It is just a regular seeing needle. Then the handcuff key is there since I had a few times people where "playing" around and lost the key lol.

Glebun likes this.
  9. medicevans

Yeah, naked and cuffed to a bed is no time to be searching for a key! Lol

Seriously though, having a key is nice. Sometimes we transport people in handcuffs. I always have the fear of being in a wreck and not being able to get my patient out of a burning vehicle because he's handcuffed.

That and the naked thing. Both completely valid reasons.

**apologies. I'm a bit punchy. Just got home from shift. It got a bit stupid in the middle of the night last night. I kid you not:
    [​IMG]

Water-Rat and cheeser like this.
  10. Cheeser
    • In Omnia Paratus

Cheeser Hey Bub!

I always have at least one handcuff key on me. But I'm a cop lol.

I knew a woman who was really into cops and handcuffs. I got bored with the idea very quickly. I know where my cuffs have been

hal_chase likes this.
  11. medicevans

Isn't that the truth! I think the last time I had someone in the back of my truck in bracelets he had spit on me twice and kicked the officers twice. Four counts of agg assault is a heck of a way to begin the evening. Freaking crazy nut.

cheeser and hal_chase like this.
  12. ace19636

ace19636 Loaded Pockets

Another good reason I did not think of