1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Countycomm pry bars.

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by MM1993, May 15, 2011.

1. MM1993

MM1993 Loaded Pockets

What do you use them for?

2. N1XIO

N1XIO Loaded Pockets

Prying!

Ok, I use mine to remove staples and to unstuck my tandem locking pins.

Jerry

3. defloyd

defloyd Loaded Pockets

I use the pico for anything that I'd normally use my fingernails for. The pocket widgy gets used mostly during the winter for assisting in opening frozen car doors, frozen garbage can lids and stuff like that. Both can be useful for collapsing cardboard boxes.

4. JS_280

JS_280 Loaded Pockets

Used my micro widgy last night to pry open an old computer hard drive so I could scratch up the platters before throwing it in the dumpster.

5. FunctionMode

FunctionMode Loaded Pockets

I use mine for opening stubborn pull-tab cans, as a screwdriver, a scraper, a wood marker, a nail cleaner, I use the rounded end to get pocket lint out of my knives, and of course they come in handy for any prying tasks I come across.

I keep a pico widgy bar on my keys and a large one laying around my house. They aren't something I use everyday, but I'm glad I have them.

6. MM1993

MM1993 Loaded Pockets

These seem very use full. I'm torn between getting the 3"or the 2". Also I take it these are very durable

7. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

They have them in Ti also!

8. powernoodle

powernoodle Loaded Pockets

I have a few, and don't use them for anything. But they sure are fun to buy.

If I need to do any light prying, it comes from my Swisstool, Spirit, or ST300. Whatever is on my belt.

[​IMG]

9. defuse kit

defuse kit Loaded Pockets

I use them for a lot of things, but I carry them because I know that one day I'm going to not have it, going to NEED to pry something, and I'll have to use my knife. I'm putting that day off for as long as I can.

10. marsos52

marsos52 Loaded Pockets

i have the 3 inch version,, it was my first mini pr bar..i used the heck out of it.. for everything and anything, it fits in any space you want.. i open boxes and letters and slean my finger nails. i use it to get the tobacco out of my pipe too.. and you know the can every one has in there garage with extra screws and nuts and bolts and sometime broken glass haha. itsgreat for digging thru that too.and save your fingers from getting cuts.. open paint cans etc etc since i got it i have upgraded to a pockettoolx piranha so that gets most of the use.. now,, and i have upgraded my multi tool to a swiss tool and that has a pry bar/chiesel scrapper tool that is handy too..

so my little 3 inch now is hooked to my lunada edc bag.. and gets some use there

11. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

I have two of the longest versions out of the three offered. They do make for excellent light-duty prybars (and not just for removing staples).

I also have the shortest version. That one is primary for staples. Can also be used by inserting into a nail-nick of a traditional folding knife to help open it. Nail-nick openers used to be quite common once. And, they were often given away as pieces of novelty advertising. Remington had one that was shaped as a flattened rifle cartridge.

12. legoman0721

legoman0721 Loaded Pockets

I have a Pico on my keychain and the longer version in my bag. I mostly just use it for popping open cans of Mountain Dew. I think I'm one of the few people that can't find a ton of use for it, but it's so small and light it's not a problem to carry.