1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

County Comm problem !!

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by evi1joe, Sep 9, 2011.

1. evi1joe

evi1joe Loaded Pockets

Instead of shipping me the $2 LED I ordered along with $10-$12 in other stuff and $7 shipping, they shipped a screwdriver tool (worth $5).
    I sent an email asking them if they wanted me to mail them the screwdriver tool, but that I wanted to get the LED light I ordered. They ignored my email and just reimbursed me $2 via paypal.

Evidently I'm supposed to buy that $2 LED again and pay ANOTHER $6-7 shipping.
    I don't mind paying for the $1 return on the screwdriver that I don't need or want, but paying $6-$7 for shipping a second time on a $2 LED that they didn't send me seems wrong (note: the item numbers are only like one digit apart--something like D-20 versus D-21).

Anyone else have problems with County Comm in the past OR have a contact who could help? I've probably spent $100 there total personally or from gifts I've asked for from the wife.

Joe Flowers
    JFLOW25@GMAIL.COM

2. Tarponfly49

Tarponfly49 Loaded Pockets

I've spent probably $2000+ (Watches, etc) from them an not ever had a problem, but it seems that while they hit 98% good on the orders and shipments, I've noticed the few who have problems...have very little help with emails, replacements, etc. from them. They seem a little lacking in the customer service dept.

3. JasonAre

JasonAre Banned

Ordered once from them never had a problem. I made sure to screenshot the list of what I ordered before hand to make sure I got everything correctly.

4. jujigatame

jujigatame Loaded Pockets

It seems this situation often seems to get one of two responses from CC.

1) They send you the item you're missing at no cost to you and tell you to keep the one incorrectly sent.

or

2) You get no response and your missing item is not coming.

Why they have polar opposites instead of one consistent and helpful resolution...who knows, but I've seen several folks post experiences on both ends. I would keep contacting them with polite and firm description of the situation and your preference as to how it is handled.

Personally, I think the treatment you're getting is just not acceptable from a retailer. The fact that it keeps on happening with CC annoys me, perhaps to a more significant degree than it should considering it's not my money but this is customer service 101. They made the error and it's on them to fix it. Doesn't matter if it's a $2 light or a $400 watch. It should not cost you anything more than the time to explain it in an email and hit send. If for some reason they are unable to send you the light (out of stock) you are at least owed that explanation from them in addition to your refund.

5. evi1joe

evi1joe Loaded Pockets

Yeah, shipping for a $2 light will cost me another $7.95.

I guess their logic goes something like, "he got a free $6 screwdriver tool and a $2 refund, so that equals $8 in shipping if he wants to buy another."

UPDATE: I just ordered 3 LEDs and sent the following email (see below). We'll see.

--
    3rd email sent (so far no reply on the first two):
    --------------------
    CountyComm,
    I just ordered 3 more of the ACU SOLED (item #D33) and paid the $7.95 shipping...a second time. If you can cut me a deal on that shipping, it'd be great (since I did order the SOLED LED once before but didn't get it). You refunded my $2, but ordering another would have cost $10 with shipping...an $8 loss for a mistake that wasn't mine. Feel free to ship them USPS for $2 in an envelope if that would help.
    Thanks for your great prices.
    ---
    2nd email:
    --------------------
    On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 11:11 AM, jOE f wrote:
    Thanks for your $2 refund for the ACU SOLED light (item #D33), HOWEVER, I'd REALLY like to get one (or two), BUT I don't want to pay another $7.95 in shipping (since it wasn't my mistake).
    Is there any way I can send you the EDC screwdriver (item #D34) back or paypal you $5 and keep it AND also get the ACU SOLED (#D33) sent to me? It seems a shame to pay $10 for a $2 light that I already paid for the shipping on once.
    Thanks.

6. allotabass

allotabass Loaded Pockets

When you nickel and dime them, they nickel and dime you.

I've noticed when ever the order is past a certain amount with them your all set but when it's below a dollar amount not worth their time.....you're screwed. I've posted on CC before and myexperiences are mixed but on the positive side (happy with items but not service). And like I said before, it's like a one man opperation with a few choice friends that hang around who mind the store when the owner steps out.

Like LAPG, CC is a hit or miss outfit that needs serious consideration before making any purchases. Consult your local customer reviews and make thoughtfull decisions.

Personally I've given up on most home grown merchants and look to offshore suppliers like DealExtreme and others. Much better cs, delivery time, courtious updated emails and free shipping. It's my money, I'll make the choice.

7. nmpops

nmpops Loaded Pockets

I've ordered from CC and LAPG multiple times and have never had problems with either. I never order an item that costs less than shipping. Wait and order enough to make shipping worthwhile.

Sent from my Ally

8. jujigatame

jujigatame Loaded Pockets

A logical idea, but from a customer's perspective if they're not willing to correct a small mistake on a small order doesn't that erode the motivation for the customer to make a larger order?

9. AAROSOL

AAROSOL Loaded Pockets

Twice they have sent me the wrong item or missed an item. They never responded to both my emails each time but they did refund the cost of the items ordered. I probably wont do business with them again.

10. evi1joe

evi1joe Loaded Pockets

Yeah, I've never had a problem with LAPG or County Comm.
    I NORMALLY do order a lot more, but just needed a LED that had a low clip like their SOLED...I basically wanted to clip it on to a piece of inner-tube I put on top of my ACOG--I turn it on when I have my weapon-light on so that the reticle doesn't wash out...the LED hits the light-pipe and boosts the reticle. (This wouldn't work for those who blink their weapon-light and move.)

11. hafpit

hafpit Loaded Pockets

It's surprising that they do not have a customer service phone number. There is the option to send an email with your phone number.