1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

County Comm. "Diplomat" Pocket organizer.

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by KeyGrip, Jan 23, 2007.

1. KeyGrip

KeyGrip Loaded Pockets

County Comm. "Diplomat" Pocket organizer. http://www.countycomm.com/POCKETORGANIZER.htm

This particular piece of kit was provided for me to test by Knuckleduster. Thanks again, KD!

So, first impressions.
    It's smaller than I thought it would be. I didn't actually think that this would be a pocketable item, despite it's name, but I can fit it in a jacket pocket without much trouble. County Comm. does not give any dimensions, and lists the materials as tactical nylon (whatever that means), elastic, and velcro. Construction seems sturdy. There was nothing wrong with it when it arrived. The color is "Desert Sage", somewhere between khaki and OD green.

Capacity.
    Easy to stuff with various small gear, although it is possible to make the bag bulky to the point where actual pocket carry becomes difficult and/or uncomfortable. The basic storage components are:
    -One mesh external pocket with a velcro tab holding it closed.
    -Three internal pockets.
    -Seven elastic loops. CC lists five, but there are two smaller ones that can each hold a pencil.
    -An internal elastic strap with a small clip that would come in very handy for keys, ID, or other small, loose items that cannot be lost.
    *Edit* I just found out that some versions of the Diplomat do not use elastic for this piece, and some have two of them. I don't know how many of each are out there, but if the material matters to you, it would be a good idea to ask about it before you buy.
    -There is a nylon strap sewn on the back with both metal snaps and a loop, allowing for a wide range of attachment options.
    I should also mention that some people are able to hide things, such as small razor blades or other small items, under the velcro American flag. I haven't tried it, but it seems possible.

I currently have in my organizer:
    2 sharpies.
    1 ballpoint pen.
    1 pencil.
    1 pair of tweezers.
    1 1GB mp3 player which I keep mainly for it's storage capacity and not the music.
    1 USB extension cord for said device.
    1 Snowpeak Titanium fork and spoon set in nylon pouch.
    2 Cr123 lithium cells.
    2 AAA alkaline cells.
    3 AA alkaline cells.
    1 Small bag of paperclips and safety pins.
    1 Altoids tin FAK.
    1 Aluminum "Tuff" clip.
    $1.60 in change.

Similar Products
    The Spec. Ops. pocket orgainizer is the only product I know of that is comparable to the Diplomat. Here they are at TAD gear: http://www.tadgear.com/x-treme%20gear/gear%20organizers%20main/spec-ops_brand_mini_pocket_organizer.htm

Long term results.
    I've had this since October, and have taken it to school every day. And while it might not be a combat zone, a public High School is no picnic. The Diplomat has been dropped, kicked, tossed, and crushed. The one sign of either wear or tear is that the little plastic dealy on the end of the zipper pull is falling apart, and I can't get it back together. Overall, it's done an excellent job organizing my pockets, and eliminating uncertainty about exactly what I have with me when a situation arises. The Diplomat should be well suited to a variety of storage tasks; FAK, BOB, PSK, the acronyms abound with this one. Pictures are on the next post. I hope they're not too big. Hope this was informative, thanks for reading.

2. KeyGrip

KeyGrip Loaded Pockets

[img width=640 height=480]http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l276/DeathLarsen/IMG_2210.jpg[/img]

[img width=640 height=480]http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l276/DeathLarsen/IMG_2211.jpg[/img]

[img width=640 height=480]http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l276/DeathLarsen/IMG_2223.jpg[/img]

3. LowWorm

LowWorm Guest

Woo, that's a lot of loot stuffed in there! :highfive:

Thanks for the review, KG - I need to get me one of these. Do you have the dimensions, by any chance?

4. dinoadventures

dinoadventures Empty Pockets

5. KeyGrip

KeyGrip Loaded Pockets

County Comm. does not list dimensions, but mine measures 7"x 4.5", and about 2.5" thick. They're :censored: handy, but some prefer the Spec Ops. brand. I'd suggest checking out both to see how they compare for your purpose.

6. Malcontent

Malcontent Empty Pockets

I have both the CC and the Spec Ops organizer. The Spec Ops is slightly smaller than the CC.

7. greenLED

greenLED Empty Pockets

The black, desert tan (discontinued) and OD green are slightly smaller than the desert sage, and have don't have the elastic band the sage has. Instead, they have 2 hooks attached to some nylon cord. The material on the desert sage is slightly heavier cordura nylon than the other colors.

8. AJ Dual

AJ Dual Loaded Pockets

I have a black CC Diplomat organizer, and the desert sage one. The Desert Sage seems to be just a tad cheaper in it's construction. The MOLLE straps and their snaps on the back of the Sage are a tad uneven, the front pocket mesh material is a bit chintzier than the black one. The Sage also has a "Made in China" tag inside it. The black has no tag whatsoever.

The biggest thing? The zipper on the Sage is backwards! It opens starting at the bottom instead of the top! With my black CC Diplomat, I can just unzip the top edge and slip pens and some of the easier to access items out and in, without ever having to remove the organizer from it's coat or cargo pocket. The Sage would have to be removed completely from it's carry pocket to unzip it.

I'd say the Sage is still worth the $10, US Calvary or Brigade Quartermasters etc. would probably sell the darn thing for $25, but given a choice, I'd get the black organizer, assuming it's the previous manufacture.

9. dinoadventures

dinoadventures Empty Pockets

^ ^ ^ ^ whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

:(

10. airguner

airguner Empty Pockets

any one know were you can get these in the uk . cc won't send to uk

11. Nephiel

Nephiel Loaded Pockets

I got a black one off eBay this morning.

12. illusion

illusion Loaded Pockets

Lots of this on ebay..!

13. mpi

mpi Loaded Pockets

la police gear had them for 6 bucks including an American flag patch [Velcro]

14. airguner

airguner Empty Pockets

just orded 2 black ones from ebay from a very helpfull chap . shop name was Life and Liberty Gear thanx to all who answerd

15. kitkat

kitkat Loaded Pockets

What's the red keychain thingy in the second pic?

16. Omega Man
    • In Omnia Paratus

Omega Man Loaded Pockets

17. politenessman

politenessman Loaded Pockets

I use one of these to carry a number of EDC items including a generic pen knife, Gerber multi tool, flashlight first aid kit etc.
    It fits perfectly into the side pockets of my cargo pants. I think mine was a cheap knock off from Cheaper Than Dirt.

18. hazard

hazard Loaded Pockets

I use one fo these on the inside of my County Comm Responder pouch. It is held down by the internal velcro straps (or it can be attached to the outside via the molle straps. It's a great way to add even more organization to the Responder pouch.

I have also found that if you use a seam ripper to pull the vertical seam on the right side of the pouch, it is a great place to store a Rite in the Rain notebook. Just slip the back cover in the pocket and it works just like a notebook cover.

19. kitkat

kitkat Loaded Pockets

Sorry to go slightly OT on you guys, but I am still stuck on that keychain thingy on the 2nd pic that is attached to the organizer... Anyone know what it is? ;D

20. temujin

temujin Uber Prepared

Attached Files: