1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

County Comm BOB

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by MCSOK9, May 30, 2006.

1. samson722

samson722 Empty Pockets

Now, I'm no expert tailor, but I was thinking it might be possible to sew some webbing onto the County Comm BOB to make attachment points a possibility. Anyone out there have experience that might be able to say yea or nay? It's definitely a major sticking point, but I really don't think the absence of attachment points on this bag is enough to make me spend an extra $45+shipping on the Maxpedition BOB. :buck2:

2. tenmmike

tenmmike Empty Pockets

I just sold a cc bail out bag , its very nice for the price , but iv also been around maxpedition stuff and thats the real way to go , when the "last resort " hits the streets thats will be my new bag .

3. Sunnie

Sunnie Loaded Pockets

Interesting point. What's the main difference in quality as you perceive it? Is the construction of the Maxpedition heavier duty? If that's the case, does it also then literally make the (empty) bag weigh heavier to start with? This is one of the things that makes me undecided about which way to go.

Sunnie

4. Lawrence

Lawrence Banned

The countycomm bag is just as good, and cheeper. All you sacrifice is the max label on the side. I carry the countycomm bag my own self.

5. tarrigoni

tarrigoni Empty Pockets

I have one of these. I like it quite a bit. It's a bit easier to carry and doesn't look quite as man pursish as my fatboy. The pistol pocket on the side is nice but I need to figure out a way to mount a holster in there.

My wife doesn't make fun of this one :)

6. Joe Talmadge

Joe Talmadge Loaded Pockets

From what I can tell, the Max version of the bag was for a short time sold concurrently with Countycomm's original version.  Having handled both (and owning a Countycomm), I'd say the Countycomm version doesn't have quite the quality of materials and stitching as the Max, but the price is much much lower as well.  I've read a few internet accounts of the CC coming unstitched a bit with heavy use, never read that about a Max. 

I'm sticking with the CCs.  I might go with the Max if I carried it daily, stuffed so it was very heavy.  But the CC is fine for daily regular use and the price is right.

Joe

7. bigfoot

bigfoot Loaded Pockets

The Maxpedition version made for County Comm was called the "Nucleus". I snagged one a year or two ago and it's definitely heavy duty construction all the way. If I remember correctly, they were being sold for about $60.

It's a great EDC carrier and full of pockets and compartments. Very similar layout to the existing County Comm "BOB". Works great on the passenger seat and gives you access to all your goodies and toys.

Not sure why they stopped making the "Nucleus", but it probably has something to do with them (Maxpedition) coming out with their own version, the "Last Resort".

8. tarrigoni

tarrigoni Empty Pockets

The stitching on my BOB is coming apart. The velcro strip that holds the "hidden" pocket together is also ripping off of the bag.

I don't know how impressed I am with this bag after a few months of use.

9. charlie fox

charlie fox Loaded Pockets

I've had two so far - the original and now the Gen.5 unit. I like the "tube" pocket on the bottom...a perfect place for some hygine gear. My only disappointment with the original one was that it didn't fit my laptop. Since I got my Treo Smartphone this isn't really a problem now. :)

10. carpdiem

carpdiem Empty Pockets

I've had, and been using daily, a countycomm BOB for about six months now, and it's a fantastic bag. I especially like all of the side velcro pockets that make keeping things organized and easy to get to, well, easy.

11. Slonie

Slonie Loaded Pockets

I picked up the Maxpedition version of the County Comm BoB ("Nucleus") when they were still out and I love it. It's too bad it's not available anymore, but I suspect by the time I need another bag I'll be happy to get the Last Resort as it can carry a laptop. The Maxpedition and regular BoB's are awesome th ough, as long as you don't need to carry a binder-sized object. It's just a little too small for that.

Also, the fact that the "regular" model is available in colors and is so much cheaper (not that it matters since the Nucleus is discontinued) makes it a good buy, though...

12. uspopo

uspopo Loaded Pockets

Been using my OD Gen5 BOB for the last month or so without any issues. It is a very good buy at 40 bucks. :)

13. MCSOK9

MCSOK9 Empty Pockets

Since I began this thread I have had some stitching stretch out but otherwise holding up. I keep alot of gear in it and I think if my gear weighed less the bag would probably be okay. I do not like the odd sized pockets. Most are just big enough to be useless for me.
    A buddy of mine has had one for a long time and it has not had any issues. But all he keeps in it is paperwork and a J frame.
    Here is the contents of mine.
    [​IMG]
    And here it is packed up.
    [​IMG]

14. Lawrence

Lawrence Banned

15. thag

thag Loaded Pockets

Just got the Bail Out Bag at LA Police Grear for $19.99! Sweet price.

LA Police Gear