1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Corona Carry

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by njpreps, Mar 26, 2020.

1. PragmaticMurphyist

PragmaticMurphyist Loaded Pockets

Also, should it be required, it gives one an excellent excuse to eat chocolate! :hungry:

aicolainen and Katjang1 like this.
  2. njpreps

njpreps Loaded Pockets

Is anyone EDCing a mask now too?

3. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I have them in my vehicles but I also need them for work from time to time.
    I am rarely going out these days but had to Today and wore gloves to touch the ATM machine.
    :censored: is happening to us all.

4. neo71665

neo71665 Loaded Pockets

Volunteer first responder, the local US arsenal has also trained the closest fire departments as backup hazmat teams. I have a big bag of goodies including a full chemical spill response suit with positive pressure respirator. So I have gloves, r95 mask (more versatile than the n95), among other things.

That said I'm not sick so I'm not walking around wearing a mask that does nothing to keep me from getting sick.

aicolainen likes this.
  5. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

I have some old out-of-date N95, wore that and gloves to the PO and CPA (running errands for my wife=HOA Sec).

6. njpreps

njpreps Loaded Pockets

7. Karmakanic

Karmakanic Loaded Pockets

Seeing the handgun image is a sober reminder that perhaps we've put too much emphasis on protecting ourselves from unlikely events. A virus is a deadly opponent. Most epidemiologists have long regarded regarded the situation we're in as when, rather than if. There is is school of thought that if we'd listened and spent more on healthcare and hospitals than weaponry, we could be in a better place right now.

Fishin Fool, echo victor and EMarkM like this.
  8. echo victor

echo victor Previously "YankeeHotelFoxtrot"

karmakanic,

Yes, yes, yes. There never seems to be money available from the government; nothing to fix the crumbling infrastructure, for example. But the defense budget continues to rise every year to levels that surpass the combined defense spending of the next 7 or 8 governments combined. And there always seems to be money for corporate bailouts.

Humanity is odd, in that there are difficulties every generation or two, followed by resolutions that "they won't ever happen again". Then humanity forgets and 3 or 4 generations later, it seems we go through similar difficulties.

Much of what is happening now, re the corona virus, happened with the "Spanish flu" and other outbreaks. A refusal to act early and decisively,the hucksterism, the touting of false cures, etc. Now there are people in London setting fires to 5G nodes because they think that 5G causes the virus.

Karmakanic likes this.
  9. Karmakanic

Karmakanic Loaded Pockets

I'd be the first person to admit we've got our share of idiots in London. However, the morons setting fire to 5G masts are not near London but further North, in the Liverpool area and Birmingham.

ProjeKtWEREWOLF and echo victor like this.
  10. echo victor

echo victor Previously "YankeeHotelFoxtrot"

karmakanic,

fair enough; I saw the headline in a UK- newspaper. Not sure which at the moment. I wasn't trying to highlight London in a negative way. I was making the point, in general, that humanity doesn't seem to learn.. I wouldn't be surprised if individuals in the USA were doing the same thing.

Karmakanic likes this.
  11. demPho

demPho Loaded Pockets

Not to interrupt more meaningful discussion, but: kydex hand sanitizer holster with adjustable retention mounted to the Ferro Concepts slickster because, Rona. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

12. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

Not much has changed for me and my EDC. WFH and generally staying at home a lot, almost entirely removes my backpack from the equation.
    In the pockets, things are the same as usual. I watched Best Damned EDCs corona carry video, and realized I don’t have much in the way of copper gear. Would have made sense now because of its anti bacterial properties, but I’ve mostly avoided it for its weight. Worst case, copper gear will provide a false sense of security that only lower your guard and makes you more susceptible to infection. Even so, I can't deny that it might make a good excuse for a future purchase.

I think routines are more important than gear in all of this, so those I’ve adjusted a little bit. I have wet and dry wipes (always), hand sanitizers and nitrile gloves in my vehicles. Before I go into stores or public buildings I make sure I have easy access to required items like credit cards, key cards, pens etc. to limit number of “unsafe” items and zones on my body. I also transfer my electronic shopping list from my phone to a disposable piece of paper before I enter a store, to avoid handling my phone while my hands are “dirty”.
    All of this makes it easier to manage clean and dirty items and zones, so I can wipe off or wash whatever I used afterwards, as well as wash or rotate the clothes I used. I will not wear a face mask until I have reason to believe I could be infected. I also very rarely wear gloves. Those are additional items that needs to be managed on a clean / dirty basis, and with alcohol and soap water being so effective against this virus, I usually don't find the gloves very advantageous.
    Even with pretty substantial precautions, I often feel that I loose track of "contaminated" items/zones/pockets etc. when I'm out and about. Especially if something unexpected happens. However, I worry less about this than one would think based on the amount of thought I've put into my routines. I have small kids, so whatever I do, I will never achieve a waterproof defense against the virus. I do as much as I can, within reason, and if the virus finds its way nonetheless, we'll just have to deal with it.

13. PragmaticMurphyist

I had most of the rest down, but I might well make good use of that tip! Thank you.

aicolainen likes this.
  14. godcode

godcode Loaded Pockets

Will be COVID edc'ing this sooner:

[​IMG]

Seems supplies for disposable gloves are getting hard to find. Just use hand sanitizer after grocery then faucet wash again at home after.
    The pot holder is just intended for emergency situations where you need to touch or hold something quickly. This will be replace likely sooner by a no touch/contact tool that you can easily find and buy in etsy. Im attaching this to a retractable lanyard. And yes, you can still do touch screens with it.

#34 godcode, Apr 20, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
    PragmaticMurphyist and ran23 like this.
  15. Gary Gross

Gary Gross Loaded Pockets

I joined the ranks of WFH people on 3/25/20. Indiana is mandated to stay home until may 1. When I do manage to leave home, a mask is basically mandatory (although it surprises me how few people wear them). Other than that, no real changes.

jcombs likes this.
  16. Tallboyjim

Tallboyjim Loaded Pockets

Mask and gloves go in the dog walking kit now as I really needed a set yesterday and didn’t have them. Might put one in the car.

Suitcase Murphy likes this.
  17. PragmaticMurphyist

If only I'd persevered with my telekinesis practise... <sigh>

18. godcode

godcode Loaded Pockets

My addition to the pot holder is a 3d printed no touch tool:

[​IMG]