1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Copper EDC flashlight toss up

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Spyder1, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Spyder1

Spyder1 Loaded Pockets

Hey all I'm new to all things EDC and am looking for a small copper flashlight the three that I like the look of are the Olight S1 baton , Prometheus QR V2 and the Maratac Rev 3. Would be great if I could get the opinions of someone who has hands on experience

Thanks

2. Brynoceros

Brynoceros Loaded Pockets

I have an Olight S1 and S2 in copper. I have only used the S2 for normal use but cant imagine the S1 performing any different. Well aside the difference in lumen output. The copper is heavier than the aluminum Olights but you cant beat the patina that develops. I have a few Olights now and they are all quality lights. I will definitely be buying more of them in the future.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

3. Spyder1

Spyder1 Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the reply mate, the S1 in raw copper seems to be getting rare like hens teeth due to the limited run in fact I'm struggling to find one , S2 in copper seems a little easier to find. So I may have no choice but to go with one of the other 2 options :(

4. Brynoceros

Brynoceros Loaded Pockets

Yea. I jumped on the S1 as soon as I saw it available. Thats why I havent been using it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

5. O_G

O_G Loaded Pockets

I own a copper Maratac.
    I used to own a copper Beta.

I don't use the maratac because it's too heavy, and I sold the Beta because it was too long, heavy, and it has PWM (basically super fast flickering that the human eye can barely see but it's still annoying.)

I would recommend skipping copper and going for something lighter weight.

If you are stuck on copper, I would recommend the Astrolux A01 in copper as a third option.

If you are set on maratac or beta I would go beta if you can handle the length and weight. The beta has better tint, better mode order, cool quick release, and better low mode.

kikissabiz likes this.
  6. Spyder1

Spyder1 Loaded Pockets

Thanks for your advice I'll gladly take it on board. I'll look into the astrolux a01 as well. I'm not overly concerned about weight as I'm pretty minimalistic as it is.

7. ZMZ67

ZMZ67 Loaded Pockets

The Olight S1 is still available in polished titanium with a neutral white LED. I carry the bead blasted titanium version also having a neutral LED and it makes for a very capable yet quite small EDC. Olight recently introduced the similar one AA S1A. Apparently they are going to offer limited run models of the S1A like they did with the S1 so I suspect a copper version will be available eventually. Around Christmas IIRC was what someone posted.

8. Spyder1

Spyder1 Loaded Pockets

That will be one to keep an eye out for thanks for the heads up

9. kikissabiz

kikissabiz Loaded Pockets

I've s1baton copper, had maratac copper and lumintop worm copper (similar w/ prometheus beta) . If i have to choose one. I'll go with s1 baton. Great output n better runtime. Good luck on your search.

10. Spyder1

Spyder1 Loaded Pockets

Thanks, it looks like most are in favour of the S1. Now to try and find a copper one! Wish me luck !

11. Minos

Minos Loaded Pockets

The Olight S1R just came out, maybe they will do a run of those in various materials. Its a tiny bit longer but is rechargeable. I have an S1 in Brass and I really love it. I also wanted copper initially, but couldn't find any. I bought mine last summer.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

12. Spyder1

Spyder1 Loaded Pockets

Here's hoping ! The addition of being rechargeable would be a plus in my books

13. ZMZ67

ZMZ67 Loaded Pockets

The S1 and S1A can both use rechargeable batteries they just don't have the built in system that the S1R uses.

14. bull_paqqy
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

bull_paqqy EDC Junkie!!!!!

Lumintop has a aaa clicky in copper. I have the black version and it's been awesome.