1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Cool Lockpicks

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by RyanMalpiede, May 10, 2006.

1. bruner

bruner Loaded Pockets

Re: Make your own lockpicks video

How about a link. I'm not sure what you are referring to.

Thanks,
    Dan

2. Chief-Yeah

Chief-Yeah Loaded Pockets

3. DBR

DBR Loaded Pockets

Street sweeper bristles are...popular in some circles because of the MIT Guide to Lockpicking, which was basically a rip-job of the book, "The Complete Book of Lockpicking" by "Eddie the Wire."

You will also notice a similarity in the names, "Ted the Tool" and "Eddie the Wire." It's a simple case of plagiarism from one of our lovely centers of higher learning...

When I think of street sweeper bristles, brick strap, car antennas and various pieces of urbanus detritus I only think of expediency. Sure, some people can whip them into really workable tools and everyone really interested in surviving whatever you might encounter in life would be well served in learning to do this.

I'm not saying you think this, but it's like some sort of bizarre rite of passage with people who are interested in lockpicking...who happen to be autodidactic...they have to use the bristles. It's a good thing to know, but it's not the whole enchilada.

In order to get really good, really skilled, you have to really enjoy it. The best way to do that is to get some good picks, get some good locks and then carry on and explore the improvised and expedients later on.

4. alwilliam

alwilliam Loaded Pockets

I guess makeing them from hacksaw blades as a kid just stuck with me and I still like to file up a pick here and their when I find a bristle by the crub.I started all this picking due a childhood study of H.Houdini :) I have never read either book you wrote of.I learned by trial and error.Heck it took me a month as a 8 year old to figure out I needed a tension wrench :p

5. bruner

bruner Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the link. That's pretty interesting.

Dan

6. Stormdrane

Stormdrane Loaded Pockets

I just came across this article and thought if fit in with lock picks.

7. bruner

bruner Loaded Pockets

8. greenmountainbooks

greenmountainbooks Loaded Pockets

Such as this probably qualifies as a burgler tool. Felony.

9. BrockB

BrockB Empty Pockets

10. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

Hey thats mine, but mines blue. so far theres only been one lock that i havent been able to pic, last month we went for a drive to my dads, and well i forgot the keys to my storage unit and well,, good thing i had it in my EDC bag! my wife was so nervis since she forgot the keys. even locked it back up too. JR

11. bitpusher

bitpusher Loaded Pockets

Or send five bucks & a SASE to Kevin Mitnick for one of his business cards - he licensed that original biz-card pick set from its creator.

2245 N. Green Valley Parkway
    Suite 411
    Henderson, NV 89014

[​IMG]

http://mitnicksecurity.com/

12. Hoshnasi

Hoshnasi Empty Pockets

The post linked here looks broken. Anyone have the details on the picks in thepicture?