1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Containing my keys.

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by Wildcat14, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

For my most frequent used keys -- the car keys of course! -- I use a NiteIze slide-lock S-biner (slides for each arm); the arm with the keys kept locked; hooked onto a belt loop. Works fine seeing as I only have three items on it: ignition key, car door fob, and Nitecore Tube.

House keys and a very few keychain tools on a Pangea Pickpocket in my LF pocket. Almost NEVER use the house key anyway -- just enter via garage.

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David

Tony Sal likes this.
  2. Tesla

Tesla Loaded Pockets

I've been using a keysmart nano-clip attached to my watch pocket to suspend my keys. The keychain itself is an aircraft cable type, as I find it gives quick access if I need to remove a key for a valet, etc. and has "give" to it, unlike rings. Like @Moshe ben David I find I seldom use the door key to the house for the same reason. My keychain tools are a cigar punch and bottle cap opener. I also have a Swiss-Tool copy on the keychain. Until I came to the nano-clip, I avoided danglers as I've had negative experience with them getting hooked on things inadvertently if any length of "dangle" was used. Using the nano-clip keeps my keys out of the very bottom of my pocket & makes it easy to find my pocket knife.

Tony Sal and Moshe ben David like this.
  3. rule9

rule9 Loaded Pockets

Can you split them up to make 2 smaller sets? Might help with the bulk

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Moshe ben David and Tony Sal like this.
  4. landwire
    • +1 Supporter
    • In Omnia Paratus

landwire Loaded Pockets

I've been using an organizer from keysmart. Been working great. The car key and fob are on it own ring while the organizer holds everything else. For a lack of a better term, the "Use 1% of the time keys" were put on a separate key ring. I have to plan for when I need them to remember to bring them. I thought I would miss them on my keyring, but I dont.

#24 landwire, Jul 21, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2019
    Tony Sal likes this.
  5. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

I have a lot of keys, and I do this. The trick is to make multiples of your seldom-used keys and figure out the alternate locations where you will need them - EDC bag, vehicle, work, home, etc.

6. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

If the aircraft cable system is working well for you, check out the Lucky Line Flex-O-Loc cables.

I love them. They do not come unscrewed, but they open quickly and intuitively with a deliberate action. I have used them for years, mostly for extra keys, but also as my main key ring for about a year until I got a Keyport. I have never had one open unintentionally.

Tony Sal likes this.
  7. Water-Rat

Water-Rat Loaded Pockets

I've found that I like to have a modular system for my keys, so I keep most of my keychain items attached to various gate clips. That way I can easily connect and disconnect what I need depending on what I'm doing that day. Regardless of the key solution used, I'd recommend keeping the car key on a gate clip so you can add/remove as necessary and that way when you drive, you'll only have the car key in the ignition. The other day my Mom needed to get her purse from my car and I just detached my car key and handed it to her and kept the rest of my keychain. It's nice to be able to remove some of the tools I have from my key chain in order to use them easier, so I prefer using a dangler over some of the keysmart, keybar, etc. options.

I use a pickpocket with a lanyard and ring at the top. That's where I clip my car key. So, I can hang the keyfob outside my pocket if I wish with the rest of my keychain inside my pocket. The rest of my keys/tools gets clipped to the bottom section of the pickpocket. I use a Free key ring for the keys because it is easy to add/remove individual keys from it.

Moshe ben David and Tony Sal like this.