1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

container for a ds lite?

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Perf, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Perf

Perf Empty Pockets

what is everyone using for their edc container for their ds lites with games?? and what about with the new guitar hero attachment? I was thinking of a pelican case of some sort with a Styrofoam cutout but I wanted to see what everyone else was using.

2. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave Loaded Pockets

For a good long while I was using an aluminum case I picked up from EB games. It has enough space for my thumb stylus (the only way to play lego starwars) and a few game cartridges.

Recently switched to a much smaller soft-case. The aluminum one was taking up too much space in the EDC bag. I imagine a pelican would work quite well, if not a bit bulky.

As for the GH controller... I guess I'm out of the loop, first time I've seen it.

3. justmyluck
    • In Omnia Paratus

justmyluck Loaded Pockets

I just saw the commercial for the GH game and adapter for the NDSL! I've never played GH at all, but the idea of it on the NDSL is pretty cool. Then I caught a glimpse of them for sale in the Walmart while I was grocery shopping (though I didn't see the price).

I'd say it entirely depends on how you're going to carry it. You looking for something to carry this stuff in, but won't be stuffing it in another bag? The the pelican or otter box is the way to go. Going to be little bigger than any soft case, and cost a few...but I'd bet no harm will ever come to your NDSL. If you're carrying inside another bag, then something much lighter would probably be best. I keep mine in a black slip case from DX, and then keep this and all the little accessories in a larger $1.00 pencil pouch I had found at Target (man I wish I could find some more of those!)

Good Luck!

Eric

4. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

I carry my DS Lite loose in my bag with a Nakiworld game case. It holds 9 games and is a little smaller than the DS Lite so it is a good companion case.

I did get Guitar Hero: On Tour and I think it's fantastic! The design is a little bit cramped and takes a bit of getting used to but it is in every way a genuine Guitar Hero experience and not just some awkward port. It retails at $50.

5. Lurkr

Lurkr Loaded Pockets

I use 2 options, based on length of carry:

1) when just going out and about, I use an old Case Logic bag I originally bought for my first Sony MD-1 (geez - does THAT date me or what?). It has 2 compartments, 1 that holds the DS perfectly, and another smaller one with a netting pocket that can hold the DS cartridges, and then throw the power adapter charger in with it.

2) when going on a trip, I pack it in NERF Armor. This one is all black - probably 6 x8, NERF coated. Opens clamshell, with a spot for the DS, power adapter, spare stylus, and then the cartridges snap into slots in the lid (can hold 12 carts). Also, there is a NERF stylus built into the case that pops out. About the thickness of a bigger sharpie - in case you don't like the smaller stylus that comes with the DS. They also make a playthrough case that's very nice, but I found this one on clearance at Best Buy and snapped it up.

6. onlyonespyderco

onlyonespyderco Loaded Pockets

I use a County Comm pocket organizer to hold it and my ipod when I travel.

7. Nephiel

Nephiel Loaded Pockets

I carry my NDS naked (the NDS, not me :rolleyes:). IMHO thanks to its clamshell design it's quite suited to be carried in a pocket of a backpack/shoulder bag, because the screens, speaker holes and most of the buttons are protected. I got used to that with the GBA SP.

My only concession is a tiny rubber plug that covers the charging port. Oh, and HORI brand screen protector films. The vinyl sticker on the cover is not for protection so it doesn't count.

8. Cryptic

Cryptic Loaded Pockets

9. Rawls

Rawls Loaded Pockets

Ironically the best DS container is the original GBA container. Also the Altoids gum tins work great for the DS games (that is an old tip).

10. 1776super

1776super Empty Pockets

I just throw mine in my regular bag. But, one thing I've found to be awesome is the cyclods evolution. There are the R4 ds and other brands too. This will eliminate the need to carry the game carts. You can just load up a bunch of games on a micro sd and play them via the emulator. I won't go into the ethics questions surrounding the downloading the ROMs.

11. waffler

waffler Empty Pockets

I use a DS Lite case by Waterfield. It's very small and a makes a very snug fit. Unfortunately it has no space for the GH controller.

[Image Link]

Hotlink image removed and replaced with [Image Link].
    Please see “What is Hot Linking, and why isn't it allowed?” in THIS thread.
    Also, please see "How to and Where to host pictures" in THIS thread.
    :db:
    - bruner

12. Nephiel

Nephiel Loaded Pockets

Don't forget these are the only way to run homebrew games and software.
    I carry an M3DS Real in the NDS slot and an M3 Perfect Lite in the GBA slot, this combo allows me to run DS and GBA software. Both of them can run DSLinux, and with it I can (among other things) connect to servers via SSH for administration and manteinance, which comes in handy in my line of work.

:topic: As for the Guitar Grip, right now I just toss mine in the bag :D

13. lemonquist

lemonquist Empty Pockets

I carry my NDSL with a camera bag. Just wanted to see if it fit one day and by happy chance it did. Has a neat velcro strap for attaching to belt/ other bag. I have an R4, that cuts down on having to keep a lot of game cartridges. You know, because I only use homebrew software on it. Having ROMs on it would be illegal. And convenient.

Lowepro D-Pods 30

14. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

:welcome: Welcome to EDC Forums, lemonquist.

15. bruner

bruner Loaded Pockets

Welcome to EDC Forums lemonquist!

Hey, when you find some free time, please consider introducing yourself HERE.

Thanks,
    Dan

:)

:db: - bruner

16. Haz

Haz Loaded Pockets

Although it's nice to use a hard case to protect your DS lite. In reality i find any hard case is not really practical for regular use. I find using hard cases to be bulky, adds extra unnessary weight and not comfortable to carry around with all my other belongings. i prefer to use a snug tight padded pouch instead. It will survive most bumps and falls, and the weight is negligible. For the guitar hero attachment, i recommend that you just find a small pouch to carry it around that fits it.

17. MacGnG

MacGnG Loaded Pockets

i got a nice hard case for my ds from walmart on clearance for 5 bucks. its cammo not my thing but that is better than hot pink ;) and a good thing about cammo is that you cant tell its dirty lol