1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Considering the Maratac Pilot Automatic Watch

Discussion in 'Watches' started by Soappeddler, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Scottyzedinosaur

Scottyzedinosaur Loaded Pockets

Even though it dims down quickly, is it still readable in the dark say, if I wake up in the middle of the night wondering about the time?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

2. ottobc

ottobc Loaded Pockets

Yeah, this watch is way over my budget, but thank goodness christmas is near. :)

3. truaztlan

truaztlan Empty Pockets

I haven't had any experience with the maratac looks like a sturdy watch, It has a real work horse of a movement. I am real big fan of the Bernhardt sea shark. I had one and the bang for the buck is second to none. check them out. It also has the same movement as the Maratac. The owner is real stand up guy also, real pleasure to deal with (no affiliation).

http://www.bernhardtwatch.com/

[​IMG]

4. Condition1

Condition1 Loaded Pockets

there is a medium size Maratacâ„¢ Pilot Automatic watch on the county comm website now.

5. charger02

charger02 Loaded Pockets

Here is my mid size Maratac Pilot with a G Shock "King" in the background for a comparison.

[​IMG]

6. Soappeddler

Soappeddler Loaded Pockets

It's been awhile since I decided that the Maratac Automatic Pilots watch was the right choice for me. Now that the holidays are over it seemed like a good time to spend the money on a good watch, so I place the order. It showed up today, 10 day after I placed the order. I was a little uneasy about the size of the watch and even considered buying the mid sized version. Now that I have it the full sized watch looks at home no my larger than average wrist, but I wouldn't want it to be any larger. The black Zulu band that came with it is barely large enough to fit around my wrist, but I bought a brown NATO band that is much longer and a white stitched composite band that looks like it will be a little longer also.

At first glance I have to say that I am going to love this watch. It has the uncluttered look I was after and it appears to be built like a tank. My wife thinks it ugly, but she's not going to be wearing it.

Thanks to everyone who commented in this thread, especially those who posted pictures of this watch model and others.

7. Windex

Windex Loaded Pockets

I like wearing my watch on the inside of my wrist which is roughly 9" do you thinking the full size would be a little too big for that?

8. Soappeddler

My wrist is 8 7/8". After trying the watch on the inside of my wrist I would say that it looked like it fit there, but it was uncomfortable when I bent my wrist all the way inward. It is just too much metal in an area that contracts when bending the wrist.

9. gstojinovic

gstojinovic Loaded Pockets

Need help deciding...

I have tad over 8" wrist (let's say it's 8") and wearing Casio G Shock DW6600...

What do you think will fit better, regular or mid size Pilot Watch??

10. Soappeddler

I'd say mid size. I've got the full size on my 8 7/8" wrist and it looks proportional, but not by much. It would be nice to hear from anyone who has the full size and an 8" wrist. I put off ordering mine for a week because I wasn't sure which size to go with.

11. PerfectZebra
    • In Omnia Paratus

PerfectZebra Loaded Pockets

+1 I have been wearing a Sea Shark for the past few months and love it.

12. Makahbay

Makahbay Banned

If it makes your decision any easier, they are out of stock on the full size model and won't get more till spring. http://countycomm.com/maratacpilotlarge.html

13. Soappeddler

Wow, I must have gottne one of the last ones that they had in stock.