1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Confession of the day

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by GiraffeHooves, Apr 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gilatabar
    • In Omnia Paratus

Gilatabar Loaded Pockets

Another part of my confession:
    When I came back to work this monday, I had no idea what are my normal hours, that i used to do 3 months ago. I still have no idea and I'm afraid to ask. On Monday I took 1h30 for lunch and everyone looked at me weird, so I now know that the lunch break is 1h :unsure: But for the afternoon, I'm still town between 4 or 5. And it's not like they gave me things to do for the only week I'm there in 4 months :D (that's why I'm on there :unsure: I'm not on the comany's network though, I know they can monitor the traffic)

Edit: Just got off work, turns out I did have things to do this week, I just... forgot? I'm starting to have bad habits and it's not good :nah_disagree:

2. ManVsLawn

ManVsLawn EDC Junkie!!!!!

Monocrom - good insight. Gotta keep them on the schedule a bit longer for the $ but I'll remember that when I let 'em go.

theirishboxer, scbubba, Idox and 6 others like this.
  3. Dorian
    • In Omnia Paratus

Dorian EDC Junkie!!!

Another thought would be if they are good clients that you would not mind keeping except for the cost issue, let them know that you need to raise your rates.
    Set them to the point that you would be comfortable with keeping them as clients. Then they can make the choice stay or not. Let them know in advance and you can come out looking like the good guy either way.
    If they are not worth keeping thought just move on when the time is right.

4. Serena

Serena EDC Junkie

It's 2 AM and I can't sleep. Whoehaaaa!

5. ManVsLawn

I don't have any personal threads 'Watched' and I don't follow any members... :(

I do, however, visit any body's page I recognize and participates regularly..... (must... keep...posting....or you fade away....)

I "Like" almost everything that I read on the forums.

6. Sriracha

Sriracha Loaded Pockets

I have a big bull doody (I would love to be more explicit here) meeting in a week. I am a field tech. I turn screws, repair connections, climb poles. I don't do **cough** team building exercises**cough** every one in the company knows it's doody. It has been described by coworkers who have already attended this nonsense as the worst day on the job in their 18 year career. I don't think they make drugs strong enough to get me through this. It a bunch of self important jerks telling everyone how they met their metrics of their own design. Common sense and collaborative thinking are left at the door. This is a drink the kool-aid type event.

This is my worst nightmare. This is exactly why I do what I do for a living. Take your flavor of the day metric and stick it where Jon won't let me say. Man, it's a dozen days away, and I am tweaked already.

I hope I don't leave the venue with brains dripping from my chin.

7. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

So a company "Pep rally", all about team members and company spirit. You're a team member until they want you gone is what I've found.

theirishboxer, scbubba, Idox and 9 others like this.
  8. bullet08

bullet08 Loaded Pockets

i'm spending way too much money on discontinued snow peak products from japan, and coffee mugs.. i have no clue why i'm keep buying coffee mugs.. i must be wrong in the head.

9. Antithetik
    • In Omnia Paratus

Antithetik EDC Junkie!!!!!

You should be fine, unless you start to have them custom made... :giggle:

theirishboxer, scbubba, Idox and 7 others like this.
  10. GeneralGlenn

GeneralGlenn EDC Junkie!!!!!

Can't say I blame you. You're pretty much everywhere though. A presence that is appreciated.

I've been busier than I'd like the past week and is been a struggle to keep up everywhere. It's sad really.

11. ManVsLawn

[​IMG]

Yeah when I get busy I get a little FOMO.

theirishboxer, scbubba, Idox and 5 others like this.
  12. GeneralGlenn

GeneralGlenn EDC Junkie!!!!!

I underestimate nothing! Given the amount of busy (yes, it's a noun now) you're involved with it's admirable that you find time to post clever replies here.

I feel the same way, irrational fomo is irrational.

13. Sriracha

Sriracha Loaded Pockets

Yes sir. And
    What is really frustrating is the company has made it abundantly clear they dislike their field employees, and wish they could entirely get rid the entire department. So everything from no hot water in the bathrooms which have 3 stalls for 150 techs, to lack of critical supplies, to suspending techs for personal and childish reasons. The management staff is a bunch if thugs and bullies, some of who have extensive criminal backgrounds. They lie about the numbers they generate, and punish techs if we don't go along. In order to keep down the time techs spend in the garage after dispatch, they have us get in the trucks, drive 3 blocks away, then come back so the big boss sees all GPS trucks out of garage within a half hour. They could put less techs in a garage, or increase the supply chain (1 guy for 150 techs) or maybe get more dumpsters.(1 dumpster) or another bathroom. Instead they have us drive around like idiots. And I have to go to a "Rah Rah" meeting knowing full well they would fire me the first chance they get. I hope karma comes sooner than later for some of those in charge.

14. Ben Rubinstein

Get out while the going is good?

15. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

I agree time to start looking and move on to greener pastures.

16. ManVsLawn

Sriracha - I'm sorry dude. I feel some jobs get so 'top heavy' - the management or 'uppers' think they do all the work, there are so many of them crunching numbers, laughing and collecting checks...

The people doing the work are scoffed at, insulted and disregarded as unnecessary.

There are a few local restaurants I've worked for... there turnover rates are so high because management chews through employees. Start them on high hopes/promises, low wages, add extra responsibilities and tasks, disgruntle and underpay employee, rinse and repeat.

Heck, many, many places do that. The idea that anyone is replaceable does not make a good business. No consistency and no carry over frustrate clients and customers.

I would attempt to change companies or look for something better. I would cut and run, or at least start 'fishing' for better jobs before this one comes to a grinding, abrupt, frustrating end.

Either way, good luck, spicy one!

17. Sriracha

Sriracha Loaded Pockets

Unfortunately I work for the major telecom/Internet service provider, and I have almost 2 decades in. Unless my benefit package is suspended or drastically changed, it would be foolish for me to leave now. This company hasn't hired any one in my position, in my area (NYC) for about 15 years. I have thought about it, but unless my pension is suspended (which is being discussed in my contract the negotiation as we speak) it wouldn't be fiscally prudent. Instead, I will become a recalcitrant, irritated, unhappy and generally unmotivated worker of their own design. Reap what you sow. I have to do 30 years to get full pension. I am hoping they want us out so badly, an enhanced separation package is offered in 6 or 7 years, and I can cash out, and open my dream restaurant. It will be a northern/eastern European hunter type of restaurant offering quail, duck, venesion, and of course rabbit. I will call it "Awoma" and have Elmer Fudd in full hunting gear as a mascot.

Brtsmpsn, scbubba, Doraemon and 7 others like this.
  18. artaxerxes

artaxerxes Loaded Pockets

Two confessions today ('cause I feel like it).
    Warning ! Very long post ! (lots of ranting):
    -confession number one-I lost my job last month due to the fact that I "did not make any sales (the results did not match the expectations)" for a stupid project involving promoting businesses on the internet. (I already duly explained to my former un-seasoned boss that I'm no good convincing every stupid man on this planet to go buy something and that I'm made to talk only to normal people and she gave all sorts of arguments of the type "ahh...well... hard work is always the answer and beats innate talent"). I call her "un-seasoned" because she is no less than five years younger than me and I've worked previously for four and a half years in another call-center and I doubt that at that time she was working in this field (I've left that one because of the high stress involved, the low salary and lately the long distance).Came here and found the same or worse.Not to mention the fact that I was lied to at the job interview (they said I would have a bigger salary and they didn't mention about this type of activities and I accepted the situation "as is" at that time).Unfortunately, many employers here are "shady" about this stuff to say the least.At the previous job I didn't have to make any sales per se (but still had to talk to a lot of morons).But at least, there's no more stress now and soon I start trainning for a better job-less hassle, better wage, and closer to home (thanks to a devoted friend that recommended me there).And there' another small compensation : I got the chance to "stick it" to her on the day before firing me by saying to her that I could've already worked somewhere better starting from March(the same place that I'm going to start the training for) and the only reason why I couldn't do it is because I wasn't free of contract at that time (though I could've said that I am and nobody would bother checking that "little" detail out-just goes to show that these days you have to lie a little to achieve your goals and if you try to be fair you end up failing).
    -confession number two-I hate facebook.Really hate it.I know that I'm one of the few without an account( and am still fairly young at 29 years old) but this does not bother me in the slightest.Really don't see the utility of it(or Twitter's, or any other social networking service for that matter).Five years ago (and this is another confession in itself) my then-girlfriend nagged the heck out of me for three days to make me create an account (which I did) and after another three days during which I tried to make sense of all that stuff I never wanted to hear about it or use ever again (and another reason for that later on is that it reminded me of her insincerity and the arguments that we had and the painful break-up). Eventually, after three and a half years I managed to delete the account (one day I decided I had to be done with it permanently and looked up the procedure on the web)-surprisingly hard to do and takes about three weeks for the deleting request to be processed (many people I know said that after a few months or a year of inactivity it is deleted automatically-not true, load of ....) To me, facebook represents the pinnacle of stupidity, the most useless invention of all time (if you can even call it an invention) just by considering the fact that most people these days prefer to stay on facebook rather than reading a book and that all inept "leftovers" of society are becoming virtual gods on fb with their lousy grammar and manners and the places they've been to or new clothes that they bought, which only fools care about.Also, it destroys classical get-togethers : just face to face meetings to relax, rejoice, have a drink and talk (which I still heartily choose).Instead, people prefer to stay glued to their computers or smartphones on fb.Most of my friends are telling me for years now that I should start an account and see what it's all about, but I'm not going to.I know I'm a dying breed but I prefer the old ways in this case.:cool:This is one situation that peer pressure can't win.I admit that I have two smartphones so I'm not that old-fashioned as some might think, but I just don't immediately download and use any app that the world says "it's cool" or access any site that most say it's good.Rather see for myself and decide.Also don't think Zuckerberg or any other like him deserves the praise he is given for making people dumber every day by "sharing important moments" or other pompous nonsense like that.Think I've covered basically everything I wanted to write.
    Thank you for your patience in reading all of this.

Cory, theirishboxer, Brtsmpsn and 9 others like this.
  19. JustinJ
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

JustinJ Loaded Pockets

i confess to a recent knife binge. pre-ordered the Begg/Reate Sun Tzu Kwaiken, the Brous Sniper kwaiken (i have a thing for that bladeshape) and ordered the Koening Zenaida because I thought the screwless swivel-apart design was cool and i wanted a high-end little knife (most of the high-end makers I like only do big ones).

I confess this is my normal knife-shopping pattern. whenever i feel another binge coming on, I offer up the least-favored fruits of previous binges on the BST to soften the blow. .

20. JustinJ
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

JustinJ Loaded Pockets

I confess i want to go to Awoma and order the Wabbit Buwger and Duckfat Fwies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.