1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Concealment in Dress Attire

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by ModrnDayMcGyver, May 9, 2013.

1. yar1182

yar1182 Loaded Pockets

I never got good at tuck holsters, I always was pretty concision of the gun. I'm fortunate where I can get aways with t-shirts and Polo's for work. When I do have to wear a dress shirt I pocket carry. I like the Diamondback 9, perfect front pocket gun. Many people like to carry in the back pocket too. I have not practiced it but a DB9 in a uncle George holster would be interesting. http://www.unclegeorgeswalletholsters.com/Pages/default.aspx

2. Kilted1

Kilted1 Loaded Pockets

Crossbreed recently (I learned about it five minutes ago) came out with a belly band that looks pretty cool. Basically a velcro based belt with interchangeable Ohai molded holsters. I've never cared for belly bands because they're little more than a jock strap for a pistol but this one has me interested. Recommended wear position is the same as you would with a regular IWB only it's not dependent on your belt or waistband, completely independent of your clothing.

SAKplumber likes this.
  3. Slipjoint

Slipjoint Loaded Pockets

If deep carry is a must, going to a smaller gun is often a good strategy. There are a lot of great small pistols these days. Luckily, you shouldn't have much to worry about at the office.

If you think you need more, you may want to keep a larger gun in your desk (or some other securely locked place), and the just carry the large gun to and from work, and the smaller gun at work.

4. jcrowder

jcrowder Loaded Pockets

My Supervisor wears a 5.11 Holster shirt (undershirt with built in holster). You can not tell when he is carrying his Glock 22 unless you really know what to look for.

5. freedoom

freedoom Loaded Pockets

how are you supposed to get to your gun if you are wearing a button down shirt over it?

6. JohnN

JohnN Loaded Pockets

You rip it open. Some folks also use false buttons with magnets or Velcro.

This route can be very effective but you need a strong and snug "tee holster" so the gun doesn't move around.

It works best IMO with firearms with short grip like the Glock G26, HK P2000SK or similar since optimally you don't want a gun with a profile larger than you are thick.

A homemade Kydex "taco" can be made for extra trigger protection.

Note, while effective, wearing tight elastic-y stuff under your shirt can be uncomfortable in hot weather.

-john

"taco" discussion and pics:
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/defensive-carry-holsters-carry-options/26845-uc-comfort-action-video-finally-6.html

7. Osage

Osage Loaded Pockets

8. JoePfeiffer

JoePfeiffer Loaded Pockets

I was taught to never point a gun at something I didn't want to shoot...

sent using CPIP (see RFC 1149)

scbubba, SAKplumber and nightowl like this.
  9. critterfixer
    • In Omnia Paratus

critterfixer Loaded Pockets

Although I wouldn't call my work clothes "dress attire," as I wear polo shirts tucked into Carhartt work pants, the challenges of daily carry are similar. I carry a Ruger LCP in a pocket holster. It is very comfortable and you can still do things that I consider important, like take your coat off, sit down, and take a leak! You also don't have to rip your clothes off to access your weapon, just put your hand in your pocket. The only problem for an EDC'er is dedicating an entire pocket to only 1 item! I know that's tough, lol.

Crew and scbubba like this.
  10. Il Duce

Il Duce Loaded Pockets

Appendix carry

Sent from my SIII

11. ModrnDayMcGyver

ModrnDayMcGyver Loaded Pockets

This is what I ended up going with.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Galco Tuckable Holster. Shirt just tucks in where the sticky note is.

scbubba likes this.
  12. J_C
    • In Omnia Paratus

J_C Loaded Pockets

That should work. I've carried a Glock 26 in a Comp-Tac MTAC holster with a dress shirt tucked over it. A lot depends on how long your shirt tails are. If they are long, you end up with a lot of material bunched up around the gun. One option would be to rip the seams on your shirts partway on your gun side if you carry right around 3:00 or 9:00, just remember to put some stop-stitches at the top of the rip so it doesn't unravel further.

For me, my employer doesn't allow carry on their premises so it's a moot point. I usually pocket carry a S&W 642 so if I could carry at work I'd just go with the pocket carry option.

13. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Oh come on.... it's fun to glow through your clothes. ;)

ATB,
    Sam

SAKplumber likes this.
  14. scbubba
    • In Omnia Paratus

scbubba Loaded Pockets

One thing I'm trying is using a left handed IWB holster at about 4:30-5:00 position. Since I'm right handed, the left handed holster puts the grip in a natural position when I read back, palm out.

As a more "full figured" guy, my options for IWB aren't great at the moment. So I tried this instead of small of the back (which I tried before and found uncomfortable). Not bad so far. Main thing I don't like about it is that it make the weapon almost inaccessible sitting in the car/truck. And our state laws don't allow me to keep it in the door panel or on the seat with me. Gotta be in a glovebox/console, in a container with an integral fastener, or, since I have CCW, on my person. My bag on the seat next to me is considered "on person" so I've been moving the weapon to the CC pocket of my MOAB 10 when driving....

15. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

16. scbubba
    • In Omnia Paratus

scbubba Loaded Pockets

I just saw it today in the conversation you were having. Looks... interesting. I get the concept but really wonder about the execution.

Did you get one? I'd love to hear your experience/opinion on it once you get some time with it.

17. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

How about an EDC picture thread? Vol. 10
    Yup. Saw it out today for $40. I like it. It does square away the pocket printing and as long as you get your finger in the right holes you can fire as soon as you draw. Like everything...practice makes perfect. Retention is good due to the finger gripped shape if the magazine butt. The Ruger LCP is a little too thin, but others, like the Taurus .380, or even the Ruger LC9 9mm would be tighter. Regardless, it will only come out off the posket when its drawn. And practice makes perfect.

I like it:)

scbubba likes this.
  18. Kilted1

Kilted1 Loaded Pockets

That Pocket Shot looks interesting. Though I prefer to have something covering the trigger when holstered. Maybe in combination with a Saf-T-Block if there's one that fits, I would definitely go there.

19. lordhamster

lordhamster Loaded Pockets

Dress attire is easiest. Sportcoat on and you can conceal anything.

20. VinceRN

VinceRN Loaded Pockets

I rarely dress like that, but when I have a tuckable IWB holster works fine.