1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Concealed Carrying a FAK.. The Belly Band

Discussion in 'First Aid Station' started by ParacordMan1220, Oct 9, 2017.

1. ParacordMan1220

ParacordMan1220 Loaded Pockets

A first aid or small trauma kit is a very important piece of kit to carry, but for most of us our pockets are already full. While LEOs, first responders, and military guys/gals can just throw on a blow out kit on their plate carrier, or tuck one behind their soft body armor, It's a bit harder to do this in the civilian world.
    I've tried many different ways to conceal a first aid kit to keep myself prepared, without drawing attention and looking like a goober. They have the Ankle carry rigs, but you can't wear them with shorts in the hot months of the year(for obvious reasons) and I feel as if they bounce around if you need to move quickly.

After much research, I finally came across a product made by ReFactor Tactical a while ago but has since then been discontinued. It was a belly band style holder with lots of little pockets around the circumference of it.

So I went on amazon and got a cheap Belly Band holster that seemed to have a few extra pockets on it. After some time with a sewing machine, I was able to modify it to fit what I needed without a lot of bulk. Here's what I came up with

[​IMG]Untitled by ParacordMan1220, on Flickr

Inside I carry the following:
    Roller Gauze, 4in vacuum sealed
    Nitrile gloves, 1 pair
    SOF-T Wide Tourniquet
    Mini Sharpie
    Maratac Mini Shears
    Flashlight- Malkoff MD2 with Thyrm Switchback
    *H&H Mini Compression Bandage (Not pictured)

Inside a waterproof aLOKSAK (4"x7"):
    Duck tape, red-10ft
    x2 Petrolatum Gauze 3"x9"
    x4 Alcohol Prep Pad
    x1 Gauze pads, 2in x 2in
    x6 Medium Band-Aids
    x3 3 Steri-Strips
    x2 Celox Granules
    x1 CPR Face Shield
    x1 Tweezers

x1 Asprin
    x1 ibuprofen
    x1 acetaminophen
    x1 diphenhydramide (Benadryl)
    x1 Diamode
    x1 Calcium Carbonate (Tums)

I added some 1.5 inch straps with velcro closure over the pockets I use to keep the contents from squeezing out. Nothing better than to get up in front of a class and a packet of celox granules or a nitrile glove fall out of a strange place:uhhuh:

After a few days of wearing it, I realized it would shift up and down as you would move around. Moving it up would only cause it to fall down again later. So I added an angled piece of 0.75 inch webbing with a triglide adjuster to go over one shoulder to keep it in place.

I wear it over top of a muscle shirt and underneath a shirt one size larger than I normally wear. Only some parts of this seem to stick out, so I usually put a button up Columbia shirt overtop. With that, no one would even know its there until you pull something out. Unless you’re a hugger:hug:

Maybe this will strike some interest somewhere. I spent a long time looking for a good concealing method for this and would've killed to see a post like this ;):rofl:

Last edited by ParacordMan1220, Oct 10, 2017
    #1 ParacordMan1220, Oct 9, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  2. charlie fox

charlie fox Loaded Pockets

Wow, great idea! I conceal my FAK around my ankle
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here’s what’s in it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. ParacordMan1220

I like rescue essentials, they do a good job with their stuff. Do you feel like your ankle rig moves around when running?

4. charlie fox

charlie fox Loaded Pockets

Well, I don’t run much so I can’t really answer that, but it has stayed steady on the several dozen flights of stairs I go up and down daily.

5. ParacordMan1220

Here's how it wears. Everyone has a different build, and I have about an average one.

With a T-shirt only, one size larger will conceal it adequately. I pulled it tight so you can see where it rides. Allowing it to fall naturally doesn't show very much of the goods. However, with movement, some of the items tend to stick out.

If worn directly on the skin, it will cause you to sweat and feel as though it sticks to your body. So I put shirt on underneath it to help aid in comfort. When I wear it with just a shirt, I don't like to wonder whether or not people can see my lumps (even though many people will never notice anyway), so I put a jacket or button up shirt on overtop. As you can tell, it completely hides everything from view.

Water-Rat likes this.
  6. HardToHandle

HardToHandle Loaded Pockets

Pretty impressive.
    You mention the sweating... Which I would totally expect. How uncomfortable was it for you?

7. ParacordMan1220

Well, on bare skin it gives you that sticky feeling and gets kind of itchy. I don't care a lot for that feeling.

Over a base layer, like the tank top or a tight wicking shirt, you'll only realize you're sweating if you feel underneath with your hands. Or when you take it off, your undershirt will feel damp. That's why I put most of the contents in that waterproof LOKSAK. Things in papery covering will definitely soak up the moisture (like the Band-Aids and Celox).

I've been wearing it daily, for around 8 hours a day for 4 weeks and I don't have many complaints about it regarding comfort.

8. 343KD

343KD Loaded Pockets