1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Concealed Carry with Weapon Light

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by jpage, Aug 24, 2015.

1. jpage

jpage Loaded Pockets

Any of y'all out there carry with a light? I am looking to add a Inforce APL to my Glock 19 for daily carry. What are yalls set ups?

2. KiloGolf92

KiloGolf92 Loaded Pockets

I would get the Surefire XC-1.

Stinson12 likes this.
  3. addictedhealer

addictedhealer Loaded Pockets

I don't carry my m&p9 with a light unless I'm in the woods. It's kinda big for everyday carry and draws way to much attention for me. I'll probably get a iwb holster for it but it would have to be a hybrid with that much gun. I love my lights on my M&P9 and AR15

I usually carry a handheld when I'm carrying my little Kahr compact.

[​IMG]

-Adam.

Wishoot likes this.
  4. Dynamic_Assassin

Dynamic_Assassin Loaded Pockets

I just carry a flashlight. Finding a good holster that let's me use a light was next to impossible. However if you're dead set on getting a light I'd look for a holster and get the light they can hold the holster to.

Wishoot likes this.
  5. ShadowE

ShadowE Loaded Pockets

I have both had a weapon light and a laser (not a combination, two different units) and I found its just to cumbersome for EDC
    I frequently have to "clear" supposed vacant properties and with the right technique it is much better to use a independent quality flashlight.

Good for a nightstand gun though.

Just food for thought b4 you delve off on that path.

Sent from some random black hole

Wishoot and Dynamic_Assassin like this.
  6. Bellasdaddy

Bellasdaddy Loaded Pockets

Streamlight TLR 1 on Glock 19. Custom Kydex Holster.

Handheld lights = Surefire

Pistol Mounted = Streamlight

breakingcontact likes this.
  7. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • Sponsor - Home Craftsman
    • In Omnia Paratus

chaosmagnet Loaded Pockets

Most days I carry an M&P Shield 9mm, with no mounted light. Some days I upgrade to an M&P 9c with a mounted TLR-3. I don't normally carry it but I have a nice holder for my M&P 45 with a TLR-1 HL. Every day I carry either a NiteCore SRT3 or MT10C in my pocket. If I found a good weaponlight+holster combination for the Shield I would probably do that.

I do practice low-light shooting with the handheld light as well as with a weaponlight.

8. Trave1ingEast

Trave1ingEast Loaded Pockets

Are you defending yourself or actively hunting your target? I can see a LEO having the need as they push toward trouble. But a civilian, I'm thinking the sharks will eat you alive in the courtroom. Now on a nightstand pistol, that's a whole different scenario.

9. MedusaOblongata

MedusaOblongata Loaded Pockets

I carry a XD subcompact or Walther PPS, both equipped with Viridian C5L light/green laser unit. It doesn't make it harder to carry or conceal at all. I use a Galco King Tuk holster, but my next holster will probably be Hidden Hybrid. Many WMLs stick out past the muzzle or are wider than the slide, making the package much harder to stick in your pants; the Viridian C5L is so small that it hardly adds any bulk at all.

10. Lellobeetle

Lellobeetle Loaded Pockets

Only light on my pistol is on my nightstand piece.

11. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

I'm not aware of any court cases where this actually happened -- if you are, please tell us about them.

My thought is that a good attorney would turn this into a plus, rather than a minus. Every responsibly armed citizen is liable for every shot they take. If you can positively identify your target and improve the chances of hitting it by using a mounted weaponlight, that's not a bad thing.

12. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

This sounds a lot like the internet FUD about trigger jobs to me.

I'd argue it like you said if it came up, just like I'd argue that a trigger job makes a gun more accurate.

But, I also talked to a friend about that... He's a LEO/armorer/gunsmith/instructor and former swat team member who's lost count of the number of times he's been an expert witness. And he said that he has never been asked about that.

Lou_G likes this.
  13. Wishoot

Wishoot Loaded Pockets

I've toyed with the idea of a weapon light for years, but never bought one.

I really hate the idea of having to light up a potential target with BOTH the light and muzzle of the gun. Especially if it's a target I have no intention of shooting.

Flashlight in one hand. Pistol in the other.

14. jmbriggs

jmbriggs Loaded Pockets

I don't put lights on handguns because with the light mounted whatever you light up you are pointing a weapon at. In my case that could be my kids,dogs, or wife. One of my shotguns has a light but it's my go to gun when something is stirring up problems outside.

DRPoolio likes this.
  15. 343KD

343KD Loaded Pockets

I frequently carry a Glock with a Surefire X300...but also a separate Streamlight Protac. The ability to identify something in the dark is a good thing.
    Check out the HSP INCOG Shadow. I've also been wanting to try the "X-Fer" holster but haven't quite gotten there yet :)

jpage likes this.
  16. Trave1ingEast

Trave1ingEast Loaded Pockets

Nope, I'm not aware of any cases under those circumstances. And yes, a good attorney could turn that into a plus. But on the other hand, a team of outstanding attorneys could beat you to death with it. I guess it's a matter of how much money you have, and of course who you killed. What if, what if and what if.

At any rate, live and let live I say. Folks that feel the need for a weapon mounted light on a civilian carry gun, have at it. For me, I'll keep my mall ninja self at bay and keep it simple.

17. thegamettt

thegamettt Loaded Pockets

I have one on my nightstand gun, but not on my carry. Nothing wrong with it, just holster options suck.

18. chaosmagnet
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

That was offensive.

moostapha likes this.
  19. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

With the new tiny surefire, I've honestly thought about it. But, I don't want to have my holsters re-made, especially since they're not cheap and they're just made by this dude I know instead of a company.

And, no, I won't switch holsters. What I have is like an INCOG on steroids, and I value the RMR more than a light (INCOG can't do RMR with the mag caddy attached, or so they said).

20. jpage

jpage Loaded Pockets

I carry a separate light on my support side , so light a wrong type of target with a muzzle won't happen

Sent from my Obama iPhone using Tapatalk