1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Compact Oakley's Case

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by subseasniper, Feb 2, 2010.

1. subseasniper

subseasniper Empty Pockets

Hey everyone.

I have a pair of Oakley (Flak or Half, can't recall) Jackets which came with a case that is a little to bulky. It bulges out at the front and although it carries a spare set of lenses it really is overkill in terms of size.

Does anybody have any suggestions for a rugged yet compact case that would be suitable for these glasses? I use these glasses at work everyday and am struggling to fit it into my edc bag with the current case.

Thanks.

2. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

Move to a planet with different laws of physics so that the volume inside the case exceeds the external measurements.

Seriously, OAK's are bow shaped and will always be problematic. I have a half moon case for my ESS Ice glasses (subsidiary of OAK) which carries an extra set of glasses and place for 2 additional lenses, cleaning fluid, strap, etc. I simply removed the "sock" lens-cloth and slip my glasses into it before putting the whole set-up into a zippered pocket of my EDC bag.

3. gracingthestage

gracingthestage Empty Pockets

Yeah, the Vaults that the Flak / Half Jackets come in these days are ridiculously bulky.

I've carried 3 different pairs of Oakley's (Minutes, XXs, Flaks) over 14 years in the same Soft Vault case. My current Flaks are a bit of a tight fit, but they fit, along with a soft bag for cleaning, and a small bag with my persimmon replacement lenses for night riding. All the padding in the Flak Vault is superfluous; your glasses will be fine in a regular Soft Vault, unless they get run over, or stomped on repeatedly.

4. Lurkr

Lurkr Loaded Pockets

+1 for the Soft Vault. I have Half Jacket XLJs and they fit snug, but you can still close it, even with an extra set of lenses and the cleaning cloth/bag.