1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Cold weather gloves

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by aphex2k, Feb 4, 2012.

1. aphex2k

aphex2k Loaded Pockets

It's -8 here in the UK today and snow is on the way.

I've always worn some Berghaus fleece windproof gloves but over the past week they've just not cut it. I spent a day looking around at cold weather gloves and ski gloves. Waterproof, breathable, thermal etc etc. All grossly overpriced and not really what I wanted.

Ended up ordering some British army MK3 cold weather mittens (furry inside!) and some British army Gore-tex outers that go over the top of the arctic mitts. All for a total of ten quid (something like $16 bucks). Thanks eBay!

Can't wait for them to turn up!

2. RichardIT

RichardIT Empty Pockets

Merino wool liners under some felt wool mittens; super warm combo.

No snow here in Scotland yet :)

3. Dougster

Dougster Loaded Pockets

I was out this morning after fallow deer on the Severn estuary before dawn at -8. My neoprene shooting gloves left me in so much pain I almost cried. I swapped to a pair of Costco deer skin ones lined with very light thinsulate and was fine, could even get the trigger pressure right. PM me if you aren't a member and I'll sort you with a pair for about £20 posted to you.

4. CatherineM
    • In Omnia Paratus

CatherineM Loaded Pockets

It's 1 above here, and we've had very little snow this winter. I don't think we've had any in a week, and we got above freezing 18 days in January. It's practically the Sahara.

5. aphex2k

aphex2k Loaded Pockets

Well they arrived this morning and they are super warm. Took the little un out in the drizzle. Not quite snow yet but icy.

Gloves have a trigger finger on them. They are very big. Missus thinks they are combat oven gloves. Got a pair of goretex covers coming too! Still for the price not too bad. Will be totally obsolete next year when we move back to Oz!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

6. aedmband21

aedmband21 Loaded Pockets

40 degrees today. last year this week we had almost 2 feet of snow. Crazy winter.

7. Dougster

Dougster Loaded Pockets

Yet if you look at the South of France they have several inches of snow!!

We are 10 degrees C warmer than yesterday morning here and the snow is dripping off everything. Yuck.