1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Cold Steel Shovel Sheath

Discussion in 'Do-It-Yourself & Gear Modifications' started by elkhills, Feb 17, 2011.

1. elkhills

elkhills Loaded Pockets

With a new found love for my Cold Steel Shovel decided to give her a proper home yesterday. This is only my second leathercraft project and I made some mistakes, but I think it should do the job :)
    Used screw links instead of rivets this time, and I think I like them better. They seem more adjustable in thickness, plus you can remove them if you need to. You can't see it but I made the welt in 2 pieces with about a 1/4" gap for drainage below the grommet, also for drainage.
    [​IMG]

Two snaps on the front, double protection against coming loose, but mostly I just thought it looked cool that way 8)
    [​IMG]

Semi-permanent screw link at the top of the straps, with snaps at the bottom. Straps are 7/8" wide and spaced so they will attach to a PALS type webbing grid.
    2 grommets on the back also for ventilation, but mainly to hide where I punched a hole in the wrong spot.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

That seems like nice work for your second leather project. It looks like you thought this out before making it. I like the idea of the double snaps on the front.

3. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

very cool, good looking cover

4. shokthx

shokthx Loaded Pockets

Very nice sheath. The Cold Steel shovel makes a lot of other small shovels seem like toys for children. It's one of those things that has been on my list for ages.

5. Exploriment

Exploriment Loaded Pockets

Nicely done!

6. BriteLumens

BriteLumens Loaded Pockets

Thanks for sharing