1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

COLD STEEL SHARKIE

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by Julian1066, May 12, 2009.

1. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

i have a question, i know there not refillable, but has anyone tried to cut the marker part off of it then drill it out so a standard sharpie will slide into it? it looks to me from the pics that the marker part of it is about the same size of a sharpie. this way once its done, all you have to do is get a new sharpie marker and pull the old one out and the new one in? JR

2. Dodger

Dodger Empty Pockets

I got given one when I bought something else from CS so the price was right. I carried it in my pocket with a flashlight and it pretty much sterilized it self so I just finished the job with a bit of acetone.

3. hannism

hannism Loaded Pockets

I carry one on my EDC bag. I've never had to use it, but for the price, it's a great buy.

4. kcwater

kcwater Loaded Pockets

Ordered one yesterday! Cold Steel products are outstanding. It would be great if you could replace the inside pen, but from a marketing standpoint, I'm sure they would rather you just buy another when it runs out. Then again, I bought it more interested in the self-defense ability than the writing capability.

5. J4C3

J4C3 Guest

themadplumbarian great idea!

6. themadplumbarian

themadplumbarian Loaded Pockets

Do you think it will work? mine hasnt run out of ink to attempt it,,,

7. freeride

freeride Loaded Pockets

Why not just buy one of the stainless steel sharpies that are $6.99 at Office Depot? Isn't it basically the same thing?

8. shihan

shihan Empty Pockets

I carry one in my coat. I recomend them to my students. They don't look like a kubaton. I have never actually used the marker then testing it every once in a while. My only complaint is that the cap won't fit on the back when you write, but I have never really used it...I only had the cap off a few times...