1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Cold Steel Recon Tanto snaps in two

Discussion in 'Knives' started by swpatter, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Coyotebc

Coyotebc Empty Pockets

The link I posted in this thread is the experiment and report that Sharpshooter did.
    It is very informative

2. niimo

niimo Loaded Pockets

Thank you for sharing this whole experience, it is very reassuring of Cold Steels service and belief in their own product.

I did want to make a quick comment about the Trailmaster though. I got one last year and after some light use in the bush the guard came loose! (this is the carbon blade, not the San Mai III). I sent it back to them and they simply glued the guard back in place LOL Oh well, it is fine now I suppose! They did take the time to re-polish the blade which had some sap stains though, that was nice of them.

3. durhamsurvivor

durhamsurvivor Empty Pockets

Cold steel do in my opinion have :censored: good products and customer service, some years ag I bought a cluster of Voagers from medium, large and extra large, Clip Points and Tantos. the Extra Large Voyager Tanto fractured its scales at the pivot joint, I thought to be honest it was my own stupid fault cos I had been really making it work hard, but sent it back anyway just so they could perhaps improve the design strength in later models. 6 weeks later to my amazement they sent me a brand new one all the way to England.

My cheap CS Bushman is almost indestructable and has been worked hard for many years.