1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Coins - how do you carry them?

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by Goliath, Aug 30, 2006.

1. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Unless I am going someplace the requires that I have coins. I almost never ever have more than .99 in change.

I used to complain about carrying change all the time and a friend of mine said he never had a problem. He always works at trying to spend his change when making purchases to minimize how much change he had.

It became a fairly easy habit to adopt and the change problem vanished very quickly.

2. fishwolf

fishwolf Loaded Pockets

All mine goes in a jar. When its full I turn it in and buy a new EDC item! :p

3. porkchop

porkchop Loaded Pockets

I don't usually carry many coins anymore.
    Usually 4 quarters in the zippered compartment of my THE Wallet.
    Just enough for a few phone calls, if you can find a pay phone, or a canned soda.
    But I always have at least 1 quarter in case I have to stop by the local Aldi grocery store.

4. fishwolf

fishwolf Loaded Pockets

Those dang quarter locks on the carts!

5. mrsean2k

mrsean2k Empty Pockets

Came across this wallet looking for a few other bits and pieces on ebay.

Seems like a one-trick-pony, but I thought I'd post it anyway as EDCF members don't lack the ability to find unexpected uses for stuff.

6. fishwolf

fishwolf Loaded Pockets

That looks handy.

7. PsychoFish

PsychoFish Empty Pockets

I work in a Jail so this time of year a lot of us start taking one of the Air-born/Wal-born tablets a day to help boost our immune systems. This leads to a lot of those containers around our houses, and bags. I use them for spare change as they seal pretty well and hold the US quarter with room to spare.

8. Isildur

Isildur Empty Pockets

I currently carry a normal wallet and even there coins suck. Therefore I decided to carry only 2,1,0.5 Euro coins which gets rid of all the small stuff. Every time I get home I put the smaller coins into a box and when the box is full I go my bank. Thereby I always save some money for bigger expenses which is a nice side-effect.
    When I update to a new wallet I'll probably get a little coin purse or something like that. Maybe I can combine it with organizing my keychain.

9. paperairplane

paperairplane Empty Pockets

I hate carrying coins. In fact, I dislike carrying bills.

I try and keep a lot of change in the car - I like to throw it at tailgaters.

10. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

It wasn't until I backpacked through Europe that I really needed a coin purse - I think I ended up with a black, made in China, leather pouch I found at a 1-pound store in Scotland (some things are universal, neh?)

If I know I'm going to be somewhere for a long period of time and vending machines may become a valid necessity, I fill an old prescription bottle with silver (change).

-Trevor

11. leon

leon Empty Pockets

I hate coins, when ever I have coins in my pocket I cant wait to get rid off them. I have a drawer in a cabinet at home where I dump all coins when I get home. When the drawer is full we take the "treasure" to the bank and since this is money that we dont have had any need for and wont be missing it the money is divided in to two bank accounts to our small girls.

When I'm out or on a trip I have a little leather pouch where I keep the coins.

I can really recomend everyone to dump all their coins everyday, if needed take the amount you need and leave the rest. You wont belive the amount of money that can be saved up by this little and effortles action. One months saving reached up to ~150us$ not kidding you.

12. yam350

yam350 Loaded Pockets

I can't say I dump coins every day but as soon as my pocket starts to get heavy I put all the copper ( 1,2 and 5 centimos) in a big bottle, when it's full I have around 100€ or more that goes to buy goodies( more EDC).
    I find just carrying coins in my pocket takes up less space than a coin purse.

13. phaserrifle

phaserrifle Loaded Pockets

I stick all my 5p, 2p and 1p coins in a plastic dalek that used to contain shower gel (i took out the shower gel bottle bit). after only a few weeks I allready have £1. the rest of my change lives in my wallet, and gets used for smaller purchases.

14. mrsean2k

mrsean2k Empty Pockets

How about a pic of the Dalek?

15. Stelth

Stelth Banned

I keep a few dollars worth of change in my Spec Ops THE wallet. I also keep a paper clip in there.

16. phaserrifle

your wish is my command:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

pics taken on my phone camera, from behind the sofa :lolhammer:

17. mrsean2k

mrsean2k Empty Pockets

You did it, thanks! Made my Sunday. Stylish *and* practical.

:roof:

18. phaserrifle

It's just a shame I didn't do it with the R2-D2 I had a few years ago, that would have been even cooler IMO. unfortuenately I have a feeling the bottle would have been more difficult to remove, and it's head broke so I had to bin it :(

19. Raoul

Raoul Empty Pockets

How do you carry your spare change?

Hello everybody,

I'm looking for a new men's coin wallet for me.
    I've been using a leather filofax wallet for some time but it's starting to crack.
    I've been looking at this "coin tray" which is sort of the same that I have,and I like it a lot.
    In fact I've tried to order it but Amazon won't ship this item to the Netherlands?!

So,do you have any suggestions for a coin wallet?
    Leather or nylon or something else......,what do you use?

Thanks a lot!!!

20. Gears

Gears Empty Pockets

Re: How do you carry your spare change?

Hey Raoul, welcome to edcforums! :welcome:

check out this thread, I'm sure you'll find something there. Spare change?