1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Coins - how do you carry them?

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by Goliath, Aug 30, 2006.

1. kii

kii Loaded Pockets

I agree, 35mm film contaners are the best way to carry extra change.

2. UNIT24UK

UNIT24UK Empty Pockets

Please advise,im looking to carry a small amount of small change for drinks,parking plus i have 3 kids so some is always needed.
    I use a maxped 10x5 bottle holder with Janus and Ameboa for my EDC

Im looking for a way to transport the small change with minimum fuss and no clatter,if a rat wallet had molle then i think this would be a perfect solution but sadly...

What do you use for change other than your wallet with EDC?
    thanks

3. Crocodilo

Crocodilo Loaded Pockets

I made myself a small duct tape wallet specifically to carry money, both notes and coins. It has a main open compartment for notes, and a side flap-closed compartment for coins. It is very light and flat, even loaded-up (quite rare). It has been carried for nine months now, and still holding up great. I find it very handy to have a specific container for money. Most of the time it will ride in a pocket, instead of the bag, for convenience.

Here's a pic of it, with some light EDC items. I was quite minimalistic that day...

Attached Files:

4. Nephiel

Nephiel Loaded Pockets

You might like these, I came across them a few days ago. Don't have one though, so caveat emptor.

I carry one or two spare Euro coins in a pocket. On top of that, for most change I use a small leather "heel-shaped" wallet, similar in shape to those mentioned above. But coins still rattle inside it.

5. carlo$

carlo$ Loaded Pockets

I bought a regular wallet and modified it. I removed the little compartment used to carry pictures. Then I put a couple of stitches and a snap. This makes a very nice pocket for change. Also, notice I always carry a pen refill in my wallet, I call it a "special forces pen". With the remaining piece of leather from the picture wallet I made a nice sheath for my Victorinox.

Attached Files:

6. UNIT24UK

UNIT24UK Empty Pockets

thank you great feedback ,I shall think on those suggetions
    Thanks again

7. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

:bump: Similar topics merged with a bump. :pt:

8. bruner

bruner Loaded Pockets

I hate coins. I carry them in one of my front pants pockets only until I can get to my truck and dump them in "coin collection" bag that hangs behind the seats.

It's great to have that change when I need it, but I just can't stand carrying it for very long.

Dan

9. grommit

grommit Loaded Pockets

I got "trapped" in one in the St. Louis airport back in '67. It seemed to get confused after I double clutched the closing or something. Uncle did not want to put more money in it to get me out, so I slithered under.

10. gadgetjack

gadgetjack Loaded Pockets

I hate carrying change. I have a couple of big vitamin jars, one at work and one in the car to handle daily change and when they get too full they get dumped into a five gallon glass jar I got at a garage sale years ago. The big jar funds edc purchases, three day weekends, and the occasional raid by my children. One nice thing about living in Vegas is we get a lot of relatives that visit and if they do well they contribute to they jar. :lolhammer:

11. DiabloSc(+)pe

DiabloSc(+)pe Loaded Pockets

In My Pocket :lolhammer: for starters then when i enter my truck they go in cup holder .

12. dovk0802

dovk0802 Loaded Pockets

This is great to find. I bought one of these at a retail store & happily used it for more than a year, until one of the hinges broke (I think mainly due to "pocket sweat" would probably fair better if carried in bag or coat pocket instead of trousers). I endured rattling pockets until eventually, I found another one. Then went through the same experience again, & have been looking for a replacement for close to two years, poking my head in leather shops in malls & the like. It's good to know were to get a replacement. Although I'm considering the flip top one as I do remember droping coins occasionally.

13. carlo$

carlo$ Loaded Pockets

I saw a bunch of those at Sam moon luggage in Dallas. They go for about 4.00.

14. Gears

Gears Empty Pockets

I hate carrying change as well, and I also hate it when I am carrying a pen and it decides to leak all over my pocket. So I decided to modify my original leather coin pocket to address both issues.. I have since made another version then the black one shown, in a brown, slightly thicker leather.
    [img width=640 height=480]http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h216/eh-frame/moleskinecovers013.jpg[/img]
    I emptied it out the other day and I had over 10$ in coins :winkwink: (we have 1 and 2$ coins in Canada...)

15. john_smith

john_smith Empty Pockets

This is awesome. Where can i purchase something like this?

16. DiabloSc(+)pe

DiabloSc(+)pe Loaded Pockets

Kool Sap Idea !

17. bpa

bpa Loaded Pockets

When the jug gets full, give the change to charity - your religious institution, if any, a homeless shelter, food bank or whatever. If you do that whenever the glass jug gets full, you'll only need one.

18. shrap

shrap Loaded Pockets

I just bring it over to the supermarket, where they have the big machines that count all the change - Coinstar. I can get Amazon.com credit, Starbucks credit, or 93% of the cash value. You don't have those where you live?

19. bpa

bpa Loaded Pockets

They probably do, but I haven't paid any attention. The Jewish tradition is to save change in a special box, then donate the contents when it gets full.

20. grimm_kaosboy

grimm_kaosboy Empty Pockets

In the zippered compartment in my Spec-OPS checkbook wallet or my mission wallet when I'm feeling "minimalistic". Which sadly...isn't very often :lolhammer: