1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Coins - how do you carry them?

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by Goliath, Aug 30, 2006.

1. wpowell

wpowell Loaded Pockets

2. Codeman

Codeman Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the Chawly link. Although I've always preferred the old school rubber calm-style pouches, these will make great stocking stuffers!

3. B@rt

B@rt Empty Pockets

I just ordered some of these. :rudolph:
    [​IMG]

4. Codeman

Codeman Loaded Pockets

Yikes, $3 for a squeeze purse. My credit unions gives them out for free every fall.

5. B@rt

B@rt Empty Pockets

Unfortunately I've never seen them here, so I went for the "original" one to be sure to have a decent quality. ;)

6. watchman

watchman Empty Pockets

YES These are great been carrying one like it for 45 years. and still going strong. :D ;D O0
    Check the petro truck stops they have them. Don't drive a truck but love their chicken fried steaks

7. Codeman

Codeman Loaded Pockets

There's at least 2 kangaroo's suffering. I've got an un-finished pouch that looks virtually identical to B@rt's, bought from Art of the Hide.

8. B@rt

B@rt Empty Pockets

:lolhammer:

9. Stormdrane

Stormdrane Loaded Pockets

I found this Eagle Creek Coin Pocket on ebay a few months ago. My current one which is similar in size/function is from wallyworld and is on it's last legs so this new one will soon replace it since wallyworld no longer seems to carry it. Anyone that's owned anything from Eagle Creek can verify it's top quality, I have a large world traveler pack from them that I keep as a BOB. I keep a couple of bucks in change plus other gadgets/gear inside a coin pocket and it could probably be a stand alone wallet for some. It has the clear mesh window pocket on one side and another full length velcro pocket on the other side with the zippered main pocket in the center.

[​IMG]

10. kmcrawford111

kmcrawford111 Empty Pockets

I know I'm digging up an old thread here, but I just bought a Chawly Changer and love it. The beauty I discovered of it is that you can hold it with in one hand, spin it clockwise on your middle finger using the large depress in the bottom while flicking out the coins in succession from largest to smallest value (quarters to dimes to nickels to pennies), which is how I and I imagine many others get coins when paying. I just used it for the first time this way and was surprised at how fast it was. The clerk was watching and didn't bother to count them again, so that might be another good point. This all may seem trivial but it's much better than fumbling through loose coins IMO. I wasn't carrying loose coinds before, hated it. Now I actually look forward to getting rid of all of my excess coins. I must have 10 lbs. in the drawer.

I asked my fiancee what she thought and she said "You just didn't have anything else to buy so you had to get that, didn't you??" :laugh:

Highly recommended.

11. laurent

laurent Empty Pockets

I use the excellent and simple round brown Eastpak coin purse :

[​IMG]

I like it a lot : inobstructive and very rugged, can be secured through a carabiner and even full of cash (and here I talk about may be $ 25), it's never really fat (but can be rather heavy...).

12. Valpo Hawkeye

Valpo Hawkeye Loaded Pockets

I hate having change in my pocket. So I'm looking for a clever little change carrier to keep in my EDC bag. What do you use?

13. Blackheart

Blackheart Loaded Pockets

Might want to have a look at this thread.

14. scríbhneoir
    • Administrator

scríbhneoir Uber Prepared
    Staff Member