1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

"Cocked and locked" hesitation

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by kyguylal, Jan 26, 2016.

1. rockerZz

rockerZz Loaded Pockets

You might have gone with a Sig P290. Small, thin, DAO, like your revolver. Get used to the semi-auto. I switch between striker fired, no manual safety, and a Sig P938. It's all in being well aquatinted with your firearm, and using a good holster.

2. pointoflight

pointoflight Loaded Pockets

When you say "click" are you saying the safety disengaged and you heard it click down or somehow the hammer went down? Just curious.

3. rockerZz

rockerZz Loaded Pockets

Likely just the safety clicking off. My 938 has done the same sound in a chair with a hard back. It's in a holster with the trigger completely covered, so it's not a big deal, but it's something to be aware of.

4. MicroMike

MicroMike Loaded Pockets

I was worried about carrying with a round in the chamber until I forced my self to get over it. IMO a unloaded gun isn't going to do you any good in a high stress situation.

A few things I did to practice and get comfortable. First I carried around the house UNLOADED and cocked. Just to see if I could force it to "fire". I did all kinds off goofy things I don't normally do. Even napped on the couch..

That made me a lot more comfortable.

I would say most subcompacts are designed to be carried locked and loaded. My Walther has a firing pin block that only moves with the trigger pull. So even if I drop it and the firing pin releases it will just strike the block.