1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Cobra EDC Belt?

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by BCGarrick, Mar 11, 2012.

1. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Just to be clear, this is true of most belts made with an AustriAlpin Cobra Buckle, regardless of whether the final belt is made by Endeavor Stitchworks, Jones Tactical, Ares Gear, Viking Tactics or someone else. It just the nature of the beast.

The buckles are overspec'ed and originally intended for a variety of other applications. In some cases, the makers make belts based on either the 1.75", 1.5", or 1" Cobra Buckle. Generally, if you contact the maker and let them know the belt loop size that you most often use (in addition to your waist size), they can point you towards the best belt for your needs. The buckle size, how many layers of nylon webbing, and whether or not the belts uses stiffener strips will determine how readily it will fit through a given belt loop size.

ATB,
    Sam

2. BadgerX

BadgerX Loaded Pockets

Want one

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

3. CasperEDC

CasperEDC Loaded Pockets

Did you ever get yours and how long did it take? I'm at the 13 week mark and I'm getting no response from this guy. This thread had convinced me to buy from Kary (Endeavor Stitch Works) but I'm REALLY regretting it. It was supposed to be 8 weeks!

IDK...Just wanted to buy American made and support a craftsman.

4. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

FWIW: This was posted on the home page on Oct 2nd:

Due to a recent and current upper respiratory infection, I have gotten behind on emails and orders. If you have emailed me about an order and I haven’t emailed you back, I have taken note of the order and I will be getting it out as soon as possible. I was bombarded with rush pre-deployment orders so I was already behind trying to get orders out to everyone that needed orders before leaving on deployments.

Until I get the current orders out , I am going to hold off on taking any new orders. Not taking orders isn’t the best business decision but it is the best ethical decision.

I expect the anti-biotics to be fully kicked in a the next few days and I expect to get some of my strength back and start turning out quality product again.

Sorry for the inconvience, if we are approaching an upcoming deadline for needing your belt shoot me and email with the deadline you need the belt and I will do my best to get it out at the first opportunity.

No association with Kary.... just passing along info from the website.

ATB,
    Sam

5. CasperEDC

CasperEDC Loaded Pockets

He posted that two weeks after he told me he was "shipping my belt on Friday"...also that webpage update was 3 1/2 weeks ago. I'm sure he's got his reasons for not responding to emails and for the very long delays...

I'm just wondering how long it actually took for those who've had to sweat it out waiting for their late orders.

6. Leatherman

Leatherman Loaded Pockets

Same here. I have called, left voice mails....and emailed numerous times. No communication, no belt etc etc. Buyer beware.

7. TARFU
    • In Omnia Paratus

TARFU EDC!!!!! Junkie

Hmmm.... keep us in the loop on this.

8. Rogue9

Rogue9 Loaded Pockets

Sorry I haven't looked at these forums in a while. I did end up getting my belt. Took 3.5-4 months in the end.
    Love the belt its my work belt now. I've been meaning to order another but I guess I have some catching up to do.

9. CasperEDC

CasperEDC Loaded Pockets

Regarding Endeavor Stitchworks... I'm at about 18 weeks right now... he sent a ship notice on the 13th ("electronic shipping info received") but hasn't actually shipped my belt yet. Even if the belt is absolutely perfect there's no way I would give this guy my money again. This is not how you run a business, unless you're trying to run it into the ground.

10. wrenchy

wrenchy Loaded Pockets

So sorry to dig up a old thread! i was just wondering if anyone has ordered lately. I wanna order but cant wait super long!

11. SFerg

SFerg Empty Pockets

I've been wearing the low-pro edc belt from osoe for about a year. Its been excellent. I've been told that their cobra belt is also of top notch quality.

John is also a great guy to do business with.

12. CasperEDC

CasperEDC Loaded Pockets

Finally got my complete order in Jan... Haven't ordered from EndeavorStitchWorks since. Just ordered a 1.5" from a competitor for the wife and it arrived in just over a month... sizing is wrong compared to what was ordered so we'll see how he handles it.

I can't seem to find a reliable company for belts right now...I'd have half a dozen belts right now if these guys could manage to make the right sized belts at a reasonable pace.

13. wrenchy

wrenchy Loaded Pockets

14. Wong

Wong Loaded Pockets

I'd steer clear on Jones Tactical. He hooked me up so I only waited two weeks, but a week or two after the belt arrived the Cobra Buckle started failing. I sent two emails within 5 days, both ignored. I went ahead and ordered the Ares Gear ranger belt and am happy as can be

low_down likes this.
  15. low_down

low_down Loaded Pockets

I've heard nothing but bad things about Jones. I use the Ares and.its been my edc belt for almost 2 years, best support, easy to.carry a full load with no sagging pants.

[​IMG]

amdmaxx and Wong like this.
  16. forte

forte Loaded Pockets

ICE Tactical has 3 different cobra belts.
    "Just a belt" for only $29 can't be beat or $49 for either pistol or gun fighter which are made in Canada.
    http://icetactical.com/products

17. amdmaxx

amdmaxx Loaded Pockets

Just got my belt from endeavor. Took 6 weeks, Excellent belt. Got black 1.75 with d hook - love it.
    Kary is very busy, had to email a few times to get a response, but those who order will get their stuff eventually.