1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Chris Reeves, worth it?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Mark Patton, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Civilian

Civilian Loaded Pockets

I've handled one before. Beautiful pieces. But is it worth all that....ehhhhhh - highly subjective.

earthman likes this.
  2. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

Yes, me too actually but only up to a point, thankfully a mid range Spyderco hits that spot for me.

BklynBoy and Moshe ben David like this.
  3. calvinw

calvinw Loaded Pockets

If you want that one, get that one.

I have one. It’s not the smoothest to deploy and not the thinnest to cut. It can be glass-smooth right after you clean and lube it, however, it’s finicky and requires regular maintenance (if you don’t clean it regular, the pivot gunks up and it’s not smooth).

But it’s a CRK. If you want a CRK, then you must get a CRK.

It’s like a Porsche. Other cars may be faster or handle better or more luxurious. But a Porsche is a Porsche is a Porsche. Get the Porsche, if that’s what you want.

If you have your mind set to a CRK, then only a CRK will do. You may be convinced to get a Hinderer or Strider or some other derivative titanium framelock, but there is only one Sebenza (not counting the 25).

Even if you have one of those others, you’ll still want the Sebenza.

You still NEED a Sebenza.

Every knut needs a Sebenza.

So, are you looking to get a knife? Or get a Sebenza?

#83 calvinw, Dec 10, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    Moshe ben David and aicolainen like this.
  4. Buckeye Jake

Buckeye Jake Loaded Pockets

Yes yes and yes

5. bryan123

bryan123 Loaded Pockets

For about the same amount of money, which would you rather own...

Small Sebenza, or both a ZT 0450 and Spyderco Sage 2?

6. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

This isn’t so much a value proposition, it just comes down to what you like.
    The ZT 0450 and any of the Sages are nice knives, and probably good value, but I like the Sebenza better. So that’s what I have and that’s what I’m sticking with.

7. ThaMac

ThaMac Loaded Pockets

Sebenza

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener

ccwaters likes this.
  8. That Movie Guy

That Movie Guy Loaded Pockets

Make that a ZT 0450CF and a Sage 5 in carbon fiber and you've got a deal.

9. Mark Patton

Mark Patton Loaded Pockets

Ok so I went to Las Vegas in December. During the trip I made a stop off at Gold and Silver Pawn. They had a small sebenza in there. Used for $500. So I bought it...Just Kidding. I got to actually handle one and it although a very nice knife its not for me. I'm glad I was able to handle one, because I won money off a few football games and was going to come home and order one.

10. chavez

chavez Loaded Pockets

I have two small plain Sebenza (drop point and Insingo). tough little knives I have carried just about every day for the past 5 years. Sent them in once for a spa treatment but probably won't again since I want to keep the used look to them. I did have to send one once to get new washers since I buggered one of the washers after taking it apart (my fault). The knife came back super smooth and the blade drops easily. When I did that, I requested a pair of spare washers just in case.
    I believe these knives are worth it. They are well designed, amazing tolerances, simple to work with, good steel, strong but not super stout and they just feel good in the hand (to me).
    The only con is that a new sandblasted finish will tear up your pocket clipping it and removing the knife from it every day.

p.s. My brother-in-law who collects mostly custom knives asked me about CRK as he is considering getting an Umnumzaan now. I, on the other hand, was looking the other direction and now considering a Mnandi in Box Elder Burl.

Last edited by chavez, Jan 7, 2020
    #90 chavez, Jan 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    aicolainen and CV801 like this.