1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

choombak's EDC

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by choombak, Jun 8, 2011.

1. choombak

choombak Loaded Pockets

UPDATE[09/06]: See post #20 for latest EDC gear.

Samsung Marine weatherproof cellphone, Rayban RB4030 sunglasses, Casio edifice watch, Saddleback leather medium bifold wallet, Zebralight SC50w+, Spyderco Sage 2, Spyderco ByrdRench, Piranha single-piece tool, Spyderco bug, ladybug salt, Fenix E01 on the keyring, and the Victorinox belt clip. I rotate the Sage 2 and ByrdRench, so have one in my pocket.

[​IMG]

2. soli

soli Loaded Pockets

Nice set up, I know who to go to if I ever need a blade :)

3. Blades

Blades Loaded Pockets

How are you liking your wallet?
    Nice gear.

4. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

I wonder what your favorite knife company is... :thinking:

Nice gear and welcome to EDCF.

5. hatchetjack

hatchetjack EDC Junkie!!!!!

Always a pleasure to see what other's carry, especially in other parts of the world. Are the tools useful in work that you do or are they carried for other daily tasks?

6. HybridMomentsPass

thats a cool wrench thing you got there!

7. mrjam3s

mrjam3s Loaded Pockets

Nice! I like the Brydwrench too!

8. choombak

choombak Loaded Pockets

The wallet has turned out nice - it is large than my earlier one, but the quality and worksmanship is fantastic on this one. It also *forces* me to trim it, since it quickly becomes bulky. Haha.

9. choombak

choombak Loaded Pockets

In this part of the world, very few people carry cutting tools as EDC gear, especially because most are clueless as to how/why would anyone find a knife useful in EDC tasks. Same goes with flashlights - the 2nd most populated country, facing electricity crisis, and almost all end us using el-cheapo $2-$4 lights from Eveready. The Ladybug finds constant use for trivial tasks like trimming a wire, or cutting a banana loose, and so on. The wrench and piranha find use for my bicycle adjustments, and in the server room to setup "blade" servers on their racks. The Sage2 alters with the ByrdRench. After a long search, and using/trying multiple knives, I have finally found my preference with Spyderco. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome!

10. doug_the_donut

doug_the_donut Loaded Pockets

Where do you source your EDC gear from?

11. JP5

JP5 Loaded Pockets

Nice carry! I'm curious, are smart phones becoming as common in India as they are in the US?

12. keith1234
    • In Omnia Paratus

keith1234 Loaded Pockets

Nice EDC !!

13. choombak

choombak Loaded Pockets

The US - typically on business visits, or when a friend/colleague is visiting. One benefit of a global organization is I can ship goods to colleagues in the US, and get them back during a visit. Takes time and requires patience (for eg., the Muyshondt Mako flashlight reached me 4 months after it reached my colleague in the US), but is more reliable and cost-effective option. Given that most of us have "backups" (and incidentally, I work for a backup software company!), I am never in a rush for any gear. :)

14. choombak

choombak Loaded Pockets

Yes, India is now one of the largest market of Android smartphones, and every second person has one. While most Indians have a cellphone - all cellphone companies are having a merry time here! :)

15. JAfromMn

JAfromMn Banned

You carry a very nice light SC50 and knife Sage 2 Sir. You have a nice EDC set up I like all the spyder's :)

16. choombak

choombak Loaded Pockets

An update on the wallet - it broke my middle credit card along the magnetic strip. So I wrote to Saddleback, and they are replacing it with a brand new similar wallet, and I am supposed to keep the one that I have too.

Saddleback informed me that some wallets had the stitches incorrect (design flaw), which broke cards. The latest ones are fixed. The 100 yr. warranty is useful, and they have a top notch customer service! :dance:

17. artaxerxes

artaxerxes Loaded Pockets

How do you like the belt clip from Victorinox? I have bought one just like it last year but I don't wear it anymore because with the added Victorinox Spartan SAK it adds too much bulk.I have replaced it with a screwlock carabiner.

18. wingmann5

wingmann5 Loaded Pockets

Great little byrdwrench.....haven't seen that from Spyderco.

19. choombak

choombak Loaded Pockets

I have been using the clip daily for the last 8 yrs., and it has been working flawlessly. It has scars to show of an accident, and the logo is long gone, but the functionality remains unaffected. The gate clip on it is very sturdy and made of good quality steel - all others that I added have broken, but the original one did not. Just like other SAKs', its a masterpiece from Victorinox.

20. choombak

choombak Loaded Pockets