1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Chinese bolt action pen

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by neo71665, Mar 20, 2020.

1. neo71665

neo71665 Loaded Pockets

Anybody try one of those cheap ebay bolt action pens? I'm not interested in the tacticool multifunction ones. Just the aluminum ones to maybe replace the zebra 701. I like my 701 except the button top. Doesn't need to be anything fancy just jot down notes and fit in my pocket. Not expecting or trying to be John Wick with it and not looking to spend over $10 on it. Only thing I'm kinda iffy on is if they take easily sourced refills.
    Example:
    [​IMG]

echo victor likes this.
  2. Nusm

Nusm Loaded Pockets

I had one like that. I can't remember, but I think I got it on Amazon. It was alright for the price. It takes Parker-style refills and the bolt action works fine. The downside is that it has a glass breaker on the top, which means that it has a sharp point on the top of it.

neo71665 likes this.
  3. neo71665

neo71665 Loaded Pockets

Thanks for a real reply with real info. The point bothers me too much I can always chuck it up in the lathe and take it off.

4. Kris

Kris Loaded Pockets

I've got that exact same pen and like it. It's made from brass so has a good weight to it, feels good in the hand and writes nicely.

It takes the Parker refills, so there's a huge variety out there to choose from, including space pen refills if that's your thing.

The bolt actions works well, feels positive.

As for the point, I don't think you'd need to put it in a lathe, a minute on a belt sander will flatten it off easily enough. It's brass so very easy to work. If you wanted to increase the bolt positivity, it would be really easy to file or cut the locking track for the bolt slightly longer, or even curve it up slightly.

neo71665 likes this.
  5. Kris

Kris Loaded Pockets

Update on this, it took around 10 seconds on a sanding belt to flatten off the glass breaker tip, and I think it improves the look. of the pen.

neo71665 likes this.
  6. neo71665

neo71665 Loaded Pockets

Thanks, think I'll go ahead and order one. Really leaning towards the silver one but think it might be too light weight. Might have a go at nickel plating it.

Bad Company likes this.
  7. jimmymke

jimmymke Empty Pockets

I have had a titanium version for a couple of years now. Purchased on the Bay for about $20. I Iike it. I forgot if it has a Parker or Fisher refill. I put a stronger spring in, very satisfying click. It is larger and heavier than one might imagine. I'm pretty confident it's titanium, when taken all apart a magnet only sticks slightly to the clip. Can't imagine how heavy the brass version is. Go for it.

jag-engr likes this.
  8. jimmymke

jimmymke Empty Pockets

Here's a pic. First time posting in a couple of years.[​IMG]

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

9. MichiganMan

MichiganMan Loaded Pockets

Sharp pen there jimmymke, I might have to go seek one out. Thanks for the pic.

10. dischu

dischu Loaded Pockets

100% agree. This FURAGear pen is awesome especially for the price. I got mine from Gearbest.
    I´m using Schneider Slider 755 XB refills.

[​IMG]

11. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

MODERATIVE ADMONITION

Discussions critical of Chinese people or culture will not be allowed here, as per forum rule #1.

We will now return to our regularly scheduled program.

Kris, neo71665, MichiganMan and 4 others like this.
  12. Bad Company

Bad Company Loaded Pockets

13. neo71665

neo71665 Loaded Pockets

14. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Although I have thanked @jag-engr via a PM, I should include my Thanks publicly as well... I embroiled myself in this as y'all know rather than reaching out to the mods to take care of it. This particular 'conversation' (for lack of a better term) aggravated me on a personal level as my spouse is Chinese... (well, actually Taiwanese but that is a long discussion in itself ;) ).

I can be shall we say combative in case all y'all haven't noticed...;)

Am Yisrael Chai!

Moshe ben David

15. neo71665

neo71665 Loaded Pockets

Bit more distance but still hits home my cousin married a Korean and my 2nd cousins and my cousin in law I'm really close to. I really had to bite my :censored: tongue to keep from being banned. Had to show my redneck today when some idiots in walmart showed their stupidity towards my 8 year old born in america baby cousin. Took us hours to calm her down and :censored: sure it happened the other day I woulda come on here and got banned. Her former green beret daddy, my dumb butt, and her uncle we all asked to just leave after the group of idiots tried to press charges. The manger said we were not banned but they were, we all just had to leave today.

Last edited by neo71665, Apr 1, 2020
    #15 neo71665, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020