1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Chigarid?

Discussion in 'First Aid Station' started by Kyle_Everett2013, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Kyle_Everett2013

Kyle_Everett2013 Loaded Pockets

I have stumbled across a fantastic little item for a FAK and thought I should share it with all! The product is called Chigarid it was originally designed to kill and treat chigger bites (a nasty little wood critter) but it can be used to treat and clean all insect bites, stings and any minor cuts scrapes or burns! I unfortunately did not know about this product until after I was coated with chigger bites that swell up and itch to no end, but now I carry this stuff in my FAK all the time! It truly works miracles even if you choose to not carry it daily buy some in put it in your home FAK you will silently thank me after your net tick bite, bee sting etc. It is available Walmart, Wal-Greens, Piggly Wiggly and even a pharmacy can order it for you, my bottle was 3.59. If you have used the product before and were disappointed please feel free to tell me what happened in your experience!

*Bonus points Chigarid is highly flammable and can even be used as an accelerant to help build a fire if you got into a bunch of trouble somewhere*

BeanbagsRgreat and ManVsLawn like this.
  2. ManVsLawn

ManVsLawn EDC Junkie!!!!!

Chiggers are horrid.

I run into them every now and then and they just light the skin up.

I will have to try some of this stuff out.

Kyle_Everett2013 likes this.
  3. Sonoran Tree
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Sonoran Tree Loaded Pockets

We treat cloths with permethrin before heading out into ticky/chiggery areas. It is near 100% effective and lasts through several washings. A pain if you're out in it every day, but it does work very well. We always treat everything when heading to Central/South America...

4. BeanbagsRgreat

BeanbagsRgreat Loaded Pockets

Growing up my granny always stuck dryer sheets in our pockets to ward off skeeters, but that did little to nothing for satans little pet: chiggers! Thanks for the suggestion, gonna be adding this to my kit asap.

5. baccar-3

baccar-3 Loaded Pockets

When I was in Florida, we called them "redbugs".
    A cheap cure we used then was to paint the affected area with fingernail polish.

stbear likes this.
  6. Kyle_Everett2013

Kyle_Everett2013 Loaded Pockets

@Sonoran Tree I have never heard of this I will have to try it next time I'm in the woods, prevention is always better than treatment in my book! @tooiewah we call them redbugs in my neck of the woods too! And nail Polish does work but what makes chigarid great is that it relieves the itching and swelling of where they bed into you while suffocating them just as the nail polish trick does!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk