1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Chewing Gum, Mints, & Related Preferences

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by zenlunatic, Jun 23, 2008.

1. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

A tin of Eclipse mints and a 60-piece plastic jar of Eclipse gum reside on my desk. A duplicate set in my briefcase. On my Ti necklace is a mini spray bottle of breath spray. In my left trouser pocket is a larger atomizer full of the Binaca breath spray product transferred from the large, awkwardly shaped bottle.

Overkill? Uh-huh!

I live in a region where the use of onions in the indigenous cuisine is rampant. I frequently have 3-4 meetings during the course of any nominal workday. After lunch, when the weather is as warm as the tortillas and the salsa is hotter than Salma Hayek, I find many in the meetings to have done very little to perpetuate even the VERY minimalistic rudiments of dental hygiene. I can do little about that, however I can do MY part.

2. SilentK

SilentK Empty Pockets

i always eat altoids when i need a good mint. yet i found out that pure, make a mint that the case has a smsall mirror on the inside in a case similar to the altoid mini case. pretty cool really

3. thinreality

thinreality Empty Pockets

I carry altoid mints. Partially because of the nice taste of the spearmint, partially because the empty tins are so useful. I also like Teaberry gum. It can be hard to find sometimes, tho.

4. Bucky

Bucky Loaded Pockets

I am still partial to classic Wrigley's Spearmint. For me, the sugarless gums leave a bad aftertaste in my mouth and upset my stomach more--especially if it's empty.

Bucky

5. Mean Bone

Mean Bone Empty Pockets

Just plain ol' Dentyne . . .

6. Sheepseh

Sheepseh Empty Pockets

Wrigley's 5 gum was pretty nice. But now, I'm hooked onto Dentyne Ice. Costco Bulk pack ftw.

7. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

Im a big fan of altoids, the only problem is finding them in shops here
    i really love the cinnamon ones, although the normal mint varietys are nice too
    at work i have a pack of eclipse mints in cinnamon flavour and some "extra" gum in my bag

8. Woz

Woz Empty Pockets

I´d love to try Altoids some time, but never saw them anywhere. Maybe sometimes...
    I always carry Airmenbeans and gum. I prefer mint flavoured Orbit, but never say no to apple or grapefruit Orbit - they´re great too. When I´m in need of really fresh breath (imagine), I take One Second mints. I have the liquid filled large One Seconds sometimes, but most often I take the small solid ones. I do not know the correct English word, but there are small, strong, paper-like mint plates, that "melt" on the tongue. I sometimes carry a pack of them too for I like the effect, but they are way too expensive.

9. turbo chicken

turbo chicken Empty Pockets

orange tic tacs... i've gone to carrying a couple in my shirt pocket if i got one. Nothing shuts up the kids quicker than putting candy in their mouth.

and i :smitten: tictacs ... orange tictacs are my favorite candy...

i usually bum gum from other people

10. Button

Button Empty Pockets

I too am a Dentyne user.

11. CJay

CJay Empty Pockets

Ice Breakers Ice Cubes - Wintergreen Flavor FTW. :drool:

12. Corporal Punishment

Corporal Punishment Empty Pockets

I'm generally not particular about my mints or gums. I'll buy/chew/eat whatever is available, mainly to keep my mouth salivating.

However, those Penguin mints are great and I actually "use" them to keep alert, especially when long distance driving. They're kind of like tiny Tic-Tac shaped Altoids with a strong peppermint taste and a noticeable "jolt" of caffeine. A decade ago, Psychology Today published an article about natural smells/tastes that make you more alert, and Peppermint was one of them. These have the peppermint plus the time proven effect of caffeine. Plus, the metal tins are useful afterwards for dozens of uses.

13. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

My favorite big box store says Eclipse Mints are no longer available. They have not had them for close to two months. Anyone else notice this?? Amazon still lists them about $1.30 a box.

14. brianwhynot

brianwhynot Loaded Pockets

I like the Altoid Smalls Sugar Free mints. Not as strong as the regular ones (my favs), but they are .5 calories (take that! Tic Tacs) and take up less room. Jean pockets need all the help they can get.

15. Svarotslav

Svarotslav Loaded Pockets

Thanks to a medication I'm taking, I get a slight tremor in my jaw muscles. Chewing gum stops this, so I am a big fan of chewing gum.

I chew eclipse sugar free peppermint gum. It's pretty good stuff. Prior to that, I used to suck on eclipse sugar free mints to combat coffee breath. They come in an awesome little pressed steel container which is useful for EDC purposes.

http://www.candywarehouse.com/eclipsemints.html

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! it can't be!!!!! :eek:

16. fishwolf

fishwolf Loaded Pockets

Do cigarettes count as an EDC?

17. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

Well good news, Albertson's is carrying it again. Slight redesign of the product, same steel container. The other store cleared them out at .99 and now nothing for the last 3 months. Albertson's is $1.79 so I may still do the Amazon $1.31 price

18. Svarotslav

Svarotslav Loaded Pockets

Thank goodness for that! at lunchtime I almost put the credit card through it's paces and buy up every pack in my local deparment store. I only have 16 empty containers left.

19. pathalogical

pathalogical Loaded Pockets

Clorets. Some Dubble Bubble for fun.

20. tndiver13

tndiver13 Loaded Pockets

I am a big fan of Orange mint Lifesavers and usually have a pack nearby.