1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Cheap pen rules?

Discussion in 'Pens, Pencils, Notebooks, and Notebook Covers' started by jackknife, Aug 29, 2021.

1. Cobra 6 Actual

Cobra 6 Actual Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the feedback. For the price (~$1.00 each) they’re hard to beat.

dmattaponi likes this.
  2. dmattaponi

dmattaponi Loaded Pockets

I agree, and I’d have no problem recommending them as a nice economical pen with an interesting history/story.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  3. MatBlack

MatBlack Loaded Pockets

"Do you have a pen?" Nope.
    "Do you have a knife?" Nope.
    That's how I keep from losing things.

jag-engr, ox71 and Cobra 6 Actual like this.
  4. ox71

ox71 Loaded Pockets

I will have to hold off for the time being as an expense has come up in the last few days that has to be addressed, eye examinations and new contact lenses costs a fair bit of coin and my health insurance from work doesn't cover vision care so my spending needs to be adjusted accordingly.
    The good news is that finally there is a disposable contact lens option finally for my strong prescription that will cost less in the long run, I hope they are as good as what they say they are.

Cobra 6 Actual and dmattaponi like this.
  5. TheGremlin

TheGremlin Loaded Pockets

I've been carrying a Fisher pen at work for about 6 years now (off work for about 7). Before that I was using whatever cheap pens I bought when I needed new pens, including the aforementioned Bic and Paper Mate. What struck me was how much longer the Fisher pen lasted. I have always worked jobs that required a fair amount of note taking, and I was going through a pen every 4 to 6 weeks. This was pretty consistent across all brands. My career changed, but my writing habits haven't, and I got a whopping FOUR YEARS out of my Fisher. Does it make a nice smooth line? No. If you're looking for a fine writing experience, look elsewhere. But it writes, works in any conditions, lasts forever, and is small and very pocketable without sacrificing functionality.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

parnass, twin63, keycutter and 2 others like this.