1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Chatelaine'mups

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by Exploriment, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Exploriment

Exploriment Loaded Pockets

The Chatelaine'mups, is an old idea revisited. Version 1 was great, but items were taken off to make other things, or broke after many years of use.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Don't like things lying loose in the bottom of a pocket and I don't like a big key ring. Thought of suspending it in a line instead. Not a big ball of metal and not likely to get lost. A shackle with paracord done up in a snake knot sinnet. Small key rings spiralling around it allow to clip items on and off. Or just be permanently attached.

Works really well. Everything is easy to access and still secure. I'm aware of it being there, but it's very comfortable. I can climb and bend and jump and run and it's not bothersome at all.

Contents:
    Fisher Space Pen Trekker
    Feel lost without something to jot down ideas with.

Prometheus AAA Flashlight
    It's generally not my primary light, but if it happens to be, I'm very happy with it.

Exotac TitanLight
    I think about the only item on here I want to change. It's a good lighter, solid, well machined, seals tight, refillable, fuel doesn't leak, easy to open and operate, lanyard attachment point. What's not to like? It's a bit of a torchy flame, very billowy. Fine if you need to get a fire going outside. Or lighting a smoke. But 90% of what I use a lighter for is singeing. Edges of patches, ends of webbing and cord, singeing off excess thread. A tighter, more controlled flame is better for that.

And it's also the largest, heaviest item. Something slimmer to lessen the bulk and weight would be better.

Swiss Tech Nail Clippers
    I'd take these to a desert island.

Uncle Bills Sliver Gripper
    Not a daily use item, but worthy enough to be included.

Pax Tool
    Handy dandy fancy candy mamma jamma hanky panky packer

Tec-A3 Embrite Glow Fob
    I spend a fair amount of time moving around at night. And it's good to be visible sometimes. And I also use it as a marker for somewhere to return to. Very glowy. Shine a flashlight on it for a minute, and it glows for a good long time.

Lion Steel Acorn Dice
    I can't see this being used too often, but received it as a gift, it's a beautifully made item, and fits nicely on here.

While this started out as an experiment in a different way to carry EDC items, it's proven to be a good solution for me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by Exploriment, Jan 21, 2020
    #1 Exploriment, Jan 21, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  2. assassin10000

assassin10000 Loaded Pockets

Neat idea. Staggering everything keeps it slimmer.

I may have to experiment with my keychain which uses a similar but much shorter length of knotted paracord.

GoBliNuke likes this.
  3. popedandy

popedandy Loaded Pockets

Interesting idea. I like the way it spreads things out.

4. Fishin Fool

Fishin Fool Loaded Pockets

Had to look up what a Pax tool was. So wonderful how we can legally and openly talk about and carry cannabis and accessories in Canada. I love my vapes too. Arizer Air has been my main unit, but recently added a Boundless CFX. Dynavaps are great also but I don't like the draw resistance.

5. SOS24
    • +2 Supporter

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

Very cool idea and nicely done.