1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Change of clothes in car?

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by geekandwife, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Roger

Roger Loaded Pockets

I have a pair of jeans, socks, boots and a jacket in my trunk. I was an EMT years ago and responded to an apartment fire where a 36inch gas main ruptured....It looked like a warzone! I can't tell you how many people we had to shelter in ambulances, who ran out of their apartments with just the clothes on their backs. It didn't help that this kicked of around midnight so the clothes on their backs were a various assortments of PJs, nightgowns etc.
    My neighbor across the street has a set of keys to my car so hopefully he's home if I ever have to run out in my skivvies!

Last edited by Roger, Feb 2, 2015
    AK Adventurer likes this.
  2. medictrent

medictrent Empty Pockets

I generally keep a couple of jackets and fleece pullovers in the jeep, especially handy when riding with the top off. An actual change of clothes and shoes are a good idea.

3. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

Nope. I thought about it before, and realized I never ever had a need for it. Just the winter emergency stuff since its winter right now.

4. comeonbabylightmyfire

comeonbabylightmyfire Loaded Pockets

Yes. I always have. Spare baselayer, undies and socks, mid layer fleece, rainproofs, poncho and wellies, as well as an old comfy pair of trainers. I've needed them too.

5. Tallboyjim

Tallboyjim Loaded Pockets

Always take a spare set when I'm out on site. Nothing worse than a 4 or 5 hour drive in sweaty, grubby clothes.

6. Bander124

Bander124 Loaded Pockets

I always do during work week. A day in wet clothes isn't fun

The backyard

7. Burncycle

Burncycle Loaded Pockets

Yep, plus (in colder months) a set of ski pants and gore tex. Normally I may only be wearing a light jacket / fleece and it's fine because the extent of my being outdoors is going to and from a parking lot and a building. But If I break down and have to walk or wait for help and the car heat isn't available, I can throw it on top of my normal clothes

8. TangoMike

TangoMike Loaded Pockets

I do. Just a tshirt and jeans, and jacket or hood in the trunk, and an extra uniform shirt inside. Not so much emergencies, but more for people I work with. Indoor snowball fights, water fights with pressure washers, stuff like that. And myself of course, dumping buckets of water on myself, going out in super heavy rain with no jacket and still have to work 7 more hours.

9. RBid

RBid Loaded Pockets

I keep a change in the car, as well. I like being ready for unplanned things after work, or to cover emergencies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

Small wardrobe ;)

[​IMG]

11. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

Apart from some overalls and a pair of spare gloves & socks, that's it.

12. Hobs98

Hobs98 Loaded Pockets

I carry a spare set of work clothes in the car including socks,underwear and boots. Glad I did when I had a 4 inch water line burst on me in 40 degree weather.

13. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

I had an old TV Guide duffel bag that I filled with shoes, jeans, short and long t-shirts, jakcet, wipes, water, paper and pencil. Probably should check it things still fit.

14. FenixArcher

FenixArcher EDC Junkie!!!

Pants, shorts, shirt, underwear, socks, and I always have a rain jacket.

15. cowsmilk

cowsmilk EDC Junkie!!!!!

That would be me. I have dedicated work clothes supplied by my employer, so I like to have a change of my personal clothing on hand. I keep them in a duffle in my truck. It comes in handy during winter when weather is bad. My employer will put us up in hotels if the weather is going to be bad to ensure we will have enough operations people handy to operate the plant.

It might be different if I lived closer to work.

16. gdwtvb

gdwtvb Loaded Pockets

Yep, for years now. Socks, shorts, T shirt, and nylon jogging suit (pants and zip-up jacket). Used many times. It's one of those things that I never really had to have, but used because I did. I mean you can change a tire in a dress shirt and tie...

Grizz

17. M4Lki3r
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

M4Lki3r Loaded Pockets

Kind of reminds me of the Transporter movie with the vacuum-sealed shirt, tie, and coat.

That being said, I do have an old backpack with socks, underwear, pants, shirt, fleece, and a pair of old shoes.

18. Blackheart

Blackheart Loaded Pockets

Got 2 clothes duffel bags in the truck right now.

One is for year-round with shorts, long pants, long and short sleeve shirts, zip-up sweater, swim trunks, underwear, socks, a pair of flip-flops that can be used as shower shoes, a small kit bag with deodorant, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, towel, wash cloth, etc. The rain gear is separate.

The other is a "winter" bag with a Carhartt coat and bibbies, hat, balaclava, gloves, thermal socks, snow boots, etc. (I know what it's like to go for an unexpected hike in ridiculously cold/snowy weather). This bag gets stored in the garage during the more reasonable (survivable) months.

I suppose you could say there's a third clothing bag, but it's just a shoe bag with a pair of comfortable, waterproof hiking boots.

cowsmilk likes this.
  19. Ropes4u

Ropes4u Loaded Pockets

Work truck has a full set of clothes, another set is kept at work for days I get out in the field. In our cars we keep get home bags which get adjusted for winter (clothing) or summer (water).

20. pduds

pduds Loaded Pockets

I used to just carry a merino top/bottom layer and a hat (plus a reflective vest), in case a breakdown meant I was walking or waiting. but the other day I went for a hike before work and found a trail branching off that led down a steep ravine to an awesome waterfall. naturally i had to take said trail and my pants were covered in mud. so now I will keep a change of 'regular' clothes as well