1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Cell phone with FM tuner

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by flnder, Mar 28, 2010.

1. flnder

flnder Loaded Pockets

I was wondering if anybody knew of ,or had experience with a cell phone with a tuner built in? I know they all seem to have MP3's built in.thanks

2. Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit EDC Junkie!!!

I have a Sony Ericsson W5801i Walkman phone. It has an FM tuner. I'm getting ready to upgrade in a couple months to a Sony Ericsson Cyber-Shot. It also has an FM tuner. It may be common with all the sony ericsson phones. I know I use mine quite often. The only catch is, you have to plug the headphones into the phone because they serve as the antenna. you can either listen with the headphones or use the phone's speaker. It comes in quite handy.

3. Simsmac0o

Simsmac0o Loaded Pockets

Do you have to use the provided earbuds, or can you use your own? I wish my cellphone had an FM tuner. I like listening to NPR while in the car, and would love to listen while I'm elsewhere...

4. Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit EDC Junkie!!!

The phone comes with it's own earbuds they have a special jack and a connector in the middle that you disconnect when you want to use the phones speaker and just need the antenna. The phone also comes with a USB cable and is very user friendly for adding music and downloading pics from your phones camera. Most other cell phones I've had you had to buy the USB cable seperate.

5. spyguy

spyguy Loaded Pockets

I have a Nokia N-86 with an FM tuner and a transmitter I can play MP3's on the car stereo, it allso has a webradio, and an MP3 player

6. Dohboy

Dohboy Loaded Pockets

The N900 also has a fm tuner and transmitter.

7. flnder

flnder Loaded Pockets

Thank you for your speedy replies.

8. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

Sony W810i has FM, but you have to plug in the hands free cable to us... You can use what ever headphones you like with the hands free, or set the it for speaker phone. good FM/phone reception BTW , & stellar focus-able camera (instead of pre-focused garbage like most phones have). If you're willing give up the smart phone type stuff it's a killer phone. It's also MS duo expandable, so there's no need to sacrifice your media collection.

9. Wstan

Wstan Loaded Pockets

My Sony Ericsson 760a has FM. As with everyone else, the headphone or attachment cable is required to provide antenna.

10. Andy Wayne

Andy Wayne Loaded Pockets

11. Leemann

Leemann Loaded Pockets

Nokia 6030 has one.

Lee

12. artaxerxes

artaxerxes Loaded Pockets

I have a Motorola W208 that also has an FM tuner.It can memorize up to nine radio channels by pressing on one of the numbers on the keyboard so store the frequency of that particular channel that you are on.And same as yours, it uses its own set of earbuds and you have to plug them in, otherwise it won't work.If you want to use the speaker you still have to leave the earbuds in.The earbuds it uses have a special, thinner jack.

13. ssmtbracer

ssmtbracer EDC Junkie!!!!!

Need to get me one of these I just got a new phone oh well have to wait for an upgrade.