1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Cell Phone Software

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by jester02k, Mar 22, 2009.

1. jester02k

jester02k Loaded Pockets

Check this place out Link If you are looking for cell phone applications. They have a ton for a lot of different models (Sorry No Apple).
    I just purchased a GPS program for my phone one less device I have to carry.

2. matt0

matt0 Loaded Pockets

Just so you know, many GPS apps use the cell network to download maps (like GoogleMaps). If you don't have cell signal, even though you have a fix on the GPS satellites, you might not be able to see the maps.

However, I believe most GPS apps that are purchased will include the maps on the device, in which case you're good to go!

3. Aonghus

Aonghus Loaded Pockets

Thanks Jester,

Been looking for a site besides the manufactureres site and my service provider.

4. jester02k

jester02k Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the advice matt0.
    Your right I tried Google earth and it was really bad with a weak signal I use Copilot and a blue tooth GPS for car navigation its a little pricey but I love it.
    I picked up Tracky for hikes cool program.
    Thanks Again
    Jester

5. DerekH

DerekH Loaded Pockets

If you have an HTC phone (Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Fuze, etc...) by far the best site for everything you would need is XDA-Developers. The forums have information on everything from GPS setup to installation of new ROM's, and everything in-between. Plus, in numerous threads, there are tons of links for awesome software, the majority (if not all) of which is free. Heck, I think DaG even got a port of Windows Mobile 6.5 on there for the Raphael (Touch Pro/Fuze).

6. jester02k

jester02k Loaded Pockets

Hey DerekH
    Your right that is a great site I hit it all the time but one thing everyone should know it is a developers site too and some of the software is in Beta testing and can be flaky. and if your not careful and know what your doing especially the registry hacks you can brick your phone too.
    Jester