1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

cell phone provider

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by snwman13, Jan 15, 2013.

1. snwman13

snwman13 Loaded Pockets

i know we talk about what phone we all have which one we think is the best but what provider does everyone use and some of the resons you use them im thinking of switching my service

2. Thechansen

Thechansen Loaded Pockets

It depends. I've been all over the country and AT&T has served me quite well over the past 10+ years. I've had them from AT&T Wireless, to Cingular and then AT&T again. I've never had an issue. In my area they seem the most stable but Verizon has put up LTE towers. I still get faster 3G service through AT&T when I don't have LTE towers so there's that to consider. Other people hate AT&T. Basically look and find out what provider offers the best service for the price you want to pay.

3. ModrnDayMcGyver

ModrnDayMcGyver Loaded Pockets

I live in Texas and the only one I would say is awful is Sprint. I've been with AT&T for several years now and have had great success with signal. They are pretty expensive, but with my employer discount it makes them bare able.

Perigee likes this.
  4. phatch

phatch Loaded Pockets

I've used prepaid my whole cell life. Currently using T-Mobile 4G Monthly on a GSM Galaxy Nexus. Has been great for me and only $30/month. That only gives me 100 minutes of talk, but I never come close to using that up and 5 G of full speed internet. Throttled over 5 gigs, never hit the limit yet. If you need more talk time, Smart Talk is a good deal and generally well reviewed. Not as much internet usage allowed though. Some very good deals out there in the pre-paid world and you can usually bring your own phone to it now. Just make sure your phone is supported on that network. Even Verizon LTE options out there via PagePlus.

bigguy02 likes this.
  5. stbear

stbear Loaded Pockets

I have had Verizon and now have AT&T. Both have been reliable in SE PA.

6. bigguy02

bigguy02 Loaded Pockets

If I hadnt bought a iP5 I would of been doing this with a Nexus 4.

7. TangoAlpha

TangoAlpha Loaded Pockets

In the past 17 years I've used almost all the major carriers. Anyone remember Voicestream, GTE, and Cingular? The worst carrier by far was Sprint. I had billing errors every month and had poor coverage. I hear they have improved, but still have poor coverage in my area. I live in the Southeast. Verizon has given great cust. service and they have great coverage. Lightening fast LTE gives me 22mbps. If you don't care about overall data speed, the best value was from T-mobile. If T-mobile had iphone, I wouldn't have jumped ship on my personal account. I used to have bundled AT&T service (cell, home phone, Internet) and had major problems with home Internet and poor customer service. Consumer reports did a nationwide review of all carriers. You should check it out.

Perigee likes this.
  8. Perigee

Perigee Loaded Pockets

GAAAH! I concur - Stay Away from Sprint!!! The SOB sends a whisper signal - I can't use the cell if I'm within 3 feet of a computer or major appliance. Miserable, rotten carrier... I hates it forever...

9. SurvivePenna
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

SurvivePenna EDC Junkie!!!!!

Verizon is my carrier and they get two thumbs up. IMO all carriers have their cons, but I have been happy with Verizon. :) Great selection of phone options as well...like iPhone 5...Samsung Galaxy S3...etc.

10. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

T-MOBILE.

Honestly, they're the least headache-inducing of the bunch.

11. TomWelch

TomWelch Loaded Pockets

Cell phone provider depends largely on your location.

12. Ogre

Ogre Banned

At&t in central Texas is very reliable. I'm also partial because out of all my options my work gets me the largest discount on at&t

13. Leemann

Leemann Loaded Pockets

I'm fine with virgin mobile for now.

14. rlc5925

rlc5925 Loaded Pockets

It's been said already but location as a lot to do with it. I'm in central Florida and had occasional service from Sprint. Switched to Verizon when they expanded their service in my area and I now get better better service, but not great.

15. tharper2202

tharper2202 Loaded Pockets

I live in a bad city for Sprint. I love and I mean LOVE my phone. However Sprint's service is so bad that I will be going to Verizon once my contract is up. The service is so bad that I literally start seeing red sometimes when trying to use the internet on my phone. Sprint's 3g (yes 3g. 4g/LTE is not available in my area...) is so incredibly horrible that it's like they are laughing in my face.

16. blt2drg

blt2drg Loaded Pockets

I have been using Verizon for 4-5 years now and have been very happy. No service issues in Arizona. Im the guy my friends ask to use my phone because they have Sprint. My only complaint is Verizon doing away with the unlimited data package.