1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

CCW/EDC Apostle

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by ReadyFreddy23, Aug 25, 2016.

1. ReadyFreddy23

ReadyFreddy23 Loaded Pockets

I've been on an informal mission for the last 9 yrs. I didn't really consciously set out on this mission. I got my CCW a little over 10 yrs ago. Today I realized that I've become somewhat of a CCW Apostle. How did I just realize it today? Well...2 more co-workers told me that they just got their CCW's in the mail this week. I haven't been keeping track (wish I did) but that must be the the 11th and 12th just at my company alone. We have about 210 people. I can't even count the number from outside of work.

How about you...are you an Apostle?

Ethos and Ataki like this.
  2. Wishoot

Wishoot Loaded Pockets

I try, but I have a lot of anti 2A friends and family out there. Often, conversations around guns and 2nd amendment rights are quickly diverted into something else.

Ethos likes this.
  3. Ethos

Ethos Loaded Pockets

Nothing better than educating an anti into someone who can at keast see your side of the argument and you see theirs, even if you don't agree on the details.

There was a guy on another forum that nentioned how he taught hunters education. He said the father mentioned that he didn't like guns and wasn't thrilled about it, but his daughter wanted to shoot, he thaught the middle ground would be to take her to hunters ed where she could learn safety and shoot their gun and that would be the end of it. After he heard advocacy about gun safety and safe gun handling and storage, then the shooting portion, the dad came back and told the guy that he had not only enjoyed the class but thoroughly enjoyed the shooting portion. The guy continued to say it was addicting and I think he nentioned the guy said he wanted to get a gun for he and his daughter to shoot another time.

If we as gun owners aren't willing to have the hard conversations with people that don't understand our side then who will? The other side that knoes nothing about firearms is doing a bang up job of talking about things they know nothing about and making law abiding citizens look like criminals. I'm tired of sitting on the sidelines (I do my part but none of us do enough) and letting antis convince people that gun ownership is wrong. I have spent my whole life practicing and advocating safety and responsibility, I have spent my whole life obeying the law and jumping through the legal hoops just to enjoy shooting as well as learning to defend myself should the need (God forbid) ever arise. The Constitution guarantees my Right to Bear Arms, but it is MY responsibility and YOURS to defend that right and tell people that not only are we responsible but that we're not going to give it up.

I will continue to educate myself and others in the use and responsibility and safety of firearms in all aspects, and I will continue to have the hard conversations to try to convince them of that character. Concealed Carry is important to me and hopefully in todays wirld with all thats going on, along with some gun sense and education we can convince people that it is not only their right but their responsibility to protect themselves and their families. We can't ecpect our officials or the NRA to Do their part if we aren't willing to get dirty ourselves. Have that talk and ket them know what you believe in even if they don't agree, at least they will know as much where you stand as you know where they do.

surefire7 and ReadyFreddy23 like this.
  4. Ethos

Ethos Loaded Pockets

Wow I guess my fast typing let to some mis hit keys. Lol

5. ReadyFreddy23

I think it's our duty to at least try to educate the masses. If after you talk to them and realize they are not open minded... then move on. More often than not, I'm finding that people are curious and would like some guidance. If I discover they are curious, I invite them to the range and let them shoot a 22lr pistol and rifle. If they have fun and they all do, I let them shoot a 9mm. Of course safety is first and then we talk about trigger control and sight picture. They shoot a big round target from 5-7 yes. I give them the target to take home. Works every time.

Ethos likes this.
  6. Shike

Shike Loaded Pockets

IMO the best way to educate them is to take them to the range. A fun session of skeet shooting for example.

7. Trave1ingEast

Trave1ingEast Loaded Pockets

Every person I call a friend loves guns and has a carry permit. So I guess the moral of the story for me is, pick your friends wisely and life will be good. ;)

8. stbear

stbear Loaded Pockets

I have been responsible for many getting their LTCF (License To Carry Firearms). Also their Utah permit to expand the number of states they can carry.

9. Telstar

Telstar Loaded Pockets

I leave other people to decide for themselves what they are willing to do toward their own personal safety. I have always considered it a private matter and just because I carry a firearm, does not make me a Ambassador for that ideology.

Holliday and Raven312 like this.
  10. ReadyFreddy23

That's exactly what the people that want to take our guns want you to do.

All it takes for evil to prosper is for good people to sit idly by and do nothing.

Join the team and take a side.

11. Holliday

Holliday Loaded Pockets

Well said, Telstar. It is a very personal choice. Although I have a license to carry, I feel that one shouldn't automatically assume that it is the right choice for everyone.

ETA- I do feel, however, that everyone should know how to defend themselves, with or without a weapon.

Last edited by Holliday, Sep 5, 2016
    Telstar likes this.
  12. Telstar

Telstar Loaded Pockets

I do not live my life around what pleases or displeases one political group or another. I vote but I am no activist..I train but I am no trainer.. I carry a firearm in an effort to afford myself the most options to lawfully defend myself and my family. If others want to do the same, great. If they don't, its their business. I am not in an ideological battle with anyone and I feel no responsibility to wake anyone up to the notion of armed self defense.

I do not see it as an issue of taking a side or being on a team. A firearm is simply a tool, its not a lifestyle. I see it no different than owning a fire extinguisher or a first aid kit.. its simply about options and a determination not to be a victim. The issue is intrinsically personal and I do not try and include anyone else in the effort. That's just me

Last edited by Telstar, Sep 6, 2016
  13. Torque

Torque Loaded Pockets

Well, it continues to strike me funny that anti 2A's still tout civilian gun control (aka abolishment?) as needed to thwart "The Terrorists"... when that one terrorist in Nice, France recently just mowed down a bunch of civis (84 of 'em) at a park with just a truck.

After my first reaction of shock and horror, my second reaction was, "Well, I guess they'll be calling for us to ban trucks now. Or at least enforce a background check and a 7 day waiting period to get a truck. 'Cause you know, it's a weapon and all." LOL

Last edited by Torque, Sep 7, 2016