1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Casio watch question

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by Cao87, Feb 13, 2022.

1. Cao87

Cao87 Loaded Pockets

Hi I’m looking at getting a Casio watch I have 7 inch wrist i was looking at the g shock dw 5600 is it going to be to big or what one would suggest Also I saw that some people are having trouble with pushing the buttons because they are recessed in
    Is that a real issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1 Cao87, Feb 13, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2022
    adnj likes this.
  2. Jdnoss1234

Jdnoss1234 Empty Pockets

Size is subjective and how big of a watch you wear is personal preference. There is no right answer only what you like. For me, my sweet spot is 48-52mm lug to lug. Width for me is less important as long as it is ledgable. I can wear a 45mm flieger with a 52mm lug to lug or my 39mm lorier with a 48mm lug to lug on my 7-1/4 inch wrist.

For reference my GWM5610 is 48mm when the case meets the strap. G-Shocks are a bulky sports watch, If you like it i'd say go for it.

3. Sentinel-14

Sentinel-14 Loaded Pockets

I suggest you look around at your local big-box stores and see if they have one you can try: I've seen the DW5600 for sale at local WalMarts near me.
    Even if they dont have the exact watch you can look at a variety of options and get an idea of what size you prefer and if the strap will be long enough for you. Just make sure you take note of dimensions for your comparisons.

For many G-Shocks, Nato strap adapters are available if you end up not liking the factory resin band, or if it's too small for your wrist. I wear my GW-M5610 on a 20mm Nato strap with JaysAndKays adapters and much prefer it over the factory band.

AlgoOPC and Jdnoss1234 like this.
  4. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

I have a tiny 6.25" wrist, and the GW-M5610 fits me very nicely. More so than the spec would suggest. Not surprising, but still something I had to experience to realize, square shaped watches typically wears smaller than round watches.

[​IMG]

Kev2488 and tera tike like this.
  5. steel_6

steel_6 Loaded Pockets

Second/thirding try it on, but also agree it should fit fine - it's really on the smaller side of G-shocks if you will. Any big box store should have a number of watches that are the same size - there seem to be a billion different variances of that shape/size that Gshock makes - solar, multi-band, different colors, etc. etc. etc.

6. adnj

adnj Loaded Pockets

You should be just fine. The 5600 is a very popular watch partly because it is of moderate size.

7. NotYetOld

NotYetOld Empty Pockets

NotYetOld
    NotYetOld
    Empty Pockets
    Casio Solar W-S210H-1AVDF Mens Quartz Watch. Kind of small, but it is solar powered and has lasted for years even though I have not been very kind to it.

8. Cao87

Cao87 Loaded Pockets

So I’m in between the 5600 and the GW 5600 (the solar one) but I can’t decide what are the pros and cons of them

9. Sentinel-14

The DW5600 is a basic, no-frills watch. It meets all the G-Shock standards because, well... it defined them. Or rather, it's the current iteration of the watch that defined the G-Shock brand.

The GWM5610 is a mildly-upgraded version of the 5600, adding solar charging and Multi-Band 6 radio synchronization to one of the established atomic clocks around the world.

Both have the same 10-year battery, the same 20-BAR water resistance, same durability from impact, and the same huge aftermarket modification potential.
    For $35 to $50, the DW5600 can absolutely be the last watch you ever need to buy. You just spend around $120 to get the solar and atomic features added on in the 5610.

AlgoOPC likes this.
  10. Caveman
    • In Omnia Paratus

Caveman Loaded Pockets

YouTube
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600 vs GW-5610 - A Comparison

AlgoOPC likes this.
  11. Cao87

Cao87 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    Just got this today and after wearing it my got itchy and still is could it be a case for getting used to it or else I will get a nato strap

Nick4305 likes this.
  12. Sentinel-14

Is that the blue variant? It's a bit different from the 'standard' DW-5600e.
    Not saying yours is a fake: not at all. There are so many variants it's hard to keep track of them all.

It's still a fantastic watch that you can wear without worry. If the resin band keeps giving you issues (and it does for some people) definitely change it for a NATO. Adapters aren't too expensive and the strap options you'll have open up a huge world of fashion options for matching your watch band to your clothes, or your mood. :)

You chose... wisely. :cool:

13. Cao87

Cao87 Loaded Pockets

It’s the newest one the 5600rb

NotYetOld likes this.
  14. Cao87

Cao87 Loaded Pockets

So I bought a set of 24mm adapters for the g shock and a 22mm strap from crown and buckle supreme so I was wondering if it’ll be secure enough because the strap is a little smaller so will it be to loose. Also is crown and buckle good quality

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AlgoOPC likes this.