1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Casio pathfinder band replacement (help)

Discussion in 'Watches' started by gcbailey, Dec 27, 2014.

1. gcbailey

gcbailey Loaded Pockets

My awesome wife got me a Casio PAW-2000 (3172) for Christmas and a Zulu watch band. I'm having some trouble getting the factory band off. Are the (what looks like) screws that holds the band to the watch functional? I mean, do I have to unscrew them or are they just for looks and a tension spring like most watches? I've tried to put a screw driver on each side of the band and unscrew the screws but I can't get them to turn. So what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

2. DeepBlue

DeepBlue Loaded Pockets

Yes, screws are functional. Needs a couple of small watchmakers screwdrivers to relese them. I do recall they were a bit stiff originally so needs proper screwdriver. (Just checked the one on my wrist equiped with a black zulu band. Much prefer this to the standard rubber strap.)

3. gcbailey

gcbailey Loaded Pockets

OK thanks. I've got some "precision" small screwdrivers from Harbor Freight, but I guess they just aren't quality enough.

4. DeepBlue

DeepBlue Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

Photo may be useful to you. You will need two screwdrivers as one screw end seems to be part of the long tube like 'bolt' (or its very well). Second is the small screw. The long bolt passes through the steel tube that fits into the resin watch case lugs and is then secured by the small screw. Without a second screwdriver, the whole assembly just rotates. Looking at this, the good thing is that the assembly is much, much stronger than those spring loaded pins that are used in many watches. It would take a lot of force to break the strap off of this!

Hope that helps.

5. gcbailey

gcbailey Loaded Pockets

It did and thanks.

I managed to get the band replaced, I ended up going to Lowe's and getting 2 sets of the "General" brand precision screwdrivers. I'll get a photo of the watch posted shortly. Many thanks!

6. gcbailey

gcbailey Loaded Pockets

Aforementioned watch picture....

[​IMG]