1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Case pocket knives not shipping as sharp as before?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Moshe ben David, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Gogogordy

Gogogordy Loaded Pockets

That bites. I’m sorry for you.

And from my own experience returning for sharpening is a royal :censored:, long turnaround times...post office....blah, blah blah. An exchange (in my case...no pun intended) was equally time consuming and in your case with a special Bose, an exchange will yield a different one-of-a-kind specimen. But at the end of the day, the onus falls back on Case and this shouldnt be happening on a premium, and iconic product.

2. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Thanks. I'm not sure if the Bose Tribal Lock in this case is a special one or not. I think all the Tribal Locks are called Bose Tribal Locks because he designed them. Case do of course have some special edition knives also with the Bose name...

Be that as it may, this has been going on for quite some time (at least in my experience) with Case. The pity is that like so many other old-line US manufacturers they don't seem to get it. I've had enough. I'm returning these two knives for credit; even though I'll have to pay postage no doubt.

No wonder GEC is doing so well in the traditional market; and so many of the newly rising Chinese makers are so rapidly gaining market presence. Or at least have been, pending the impact of our Chief Grifter's trade war... That's a whole different rant though so I'll leave off for now! ;)

L'chaim!

Moshe ben David