1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

carrying wall charger and wire minimal

Discussion in 'Electronic Devices' started by chico13, Nov 5, 2015.

1. smokingfish

smokingfish Loaded Pockets

I find my battery bank VERY useful. Though not small, it's about the size of my galaxy s5 phone, just a bit wider and thicker. It does fit in my back pocket, i bring 2 usb cords (both are about 8 inches), and a wall port in case I need a charge, but at 16000 mah, it'll go several days even with my vapes and flashlights.
    Both are ravpower, looking to try anker.

2. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

That's actually a really bad idea.

All phones and tablets were susceptible to malicious wall worts the last time I checked. I've watched demos of them, and it's scary how fast an attacker can own your phone.

No, you're not that special. But your phone stealing CC information and sending out spam is.

I haven't used a wall wort I don't own, and I don't plan on it. The factory might be spying on me, but at least the hotel isn't.

I need one of these in my life. Where did you get it?

3. theirishboxer

theirishboxer Loaded Pockets

i carry a 10000 mAh portable battery, I like being able to charge the phone while its still in my pocket,

4. chmsam

chmsam Loaded Pockets

You can get cables that allow you to shut off the data connection while you charge. You can even find out how to build one. Can't steal data if the only connection is for charging.

Cheaper than a 14400 power pack even with the price of those now.

Nice to have the power pack though.

As long as you remember to be sure that's already charged. Two dead devices are not better than one.

Give 'em a light and they'll follow it anywhere.

moostapha likes this.
  5. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

Really?....well what if you turn off the device before you plug it in, can the hackers get any information out of it then?

6. chmsam

chmsam Loaded Pockets

I can't tell you for sure but would you want to take that chance?

It might be possible though since USB connections do have data as well as power. Seems that hackers know that only too well and have probably worked around a power off state.

Give 'em a light and they'll follow it anywhere.

7. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

I have some type of Motorola Droid. I keep a DC charger in my truck, a DC-USB plug, two AC-USB cables all in my truck along with a phone charger and a 10,000 mAh battery as well. When I need to charge my phone, which is rare given its long battery life, I use a wall plug unless there's a desktop near and I'll remove the AC portion and use the USB end. I only use the battery about once a month to let it drain and recharge.

8. CalicoSalsa

CalicoSalsa Uber Prepared

The factory or the Chinese government!

moostapha The cord in my photo was a sample from one of my suppliers, my business is promotional products and graphics. The model shown is discontinued, most of my sources t no longer have the Apple 30 pin connector as that is considered to be for only older equipment now. Also Apple's legal team was diligent in making sellers stop offering an unlicensed lightning connector.

Most of the current models have 2 micro and 1 mini USB connector, then if you need it you get an Apple certified lightning connector for an added charge. Some factories have a 6 pin lightning-like connector, but only charge your device, and do not sync data. I just saw one listed that says it will sync too, so I've ordered a sample to check it out.

What about the cord I posted do you need? If you need the older 30 pin connector then you're out of luck unless you add your own adaptor. If you need the Apple 6 pin lightning connector, then do you need sync too or just charge?

9. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

Ideally both data and power. I don't care about the 30-pin. It would just be something to throw in my bag in case I ran across a device I needed to use or charge for some reason.

10. CalicoSalsa

CalicoSalsa Uber Prepared

Took this chat offline

11. zatoichi

zatoichi Loaded Pockets

I have an Android phone that takes mini USB plugs. I also have the same Amazon plug that came with my Kindle. If I want to keep it hassle free, I just use a zip lock bag. I am not suggesting that a Maxped Micro or something similar is a bad choice.

But my method is really simple and does not require a bag and it works just fine.

That said, I typically keep it in a large sealable bag and it lives in my backpack(Everki Titan). I have a Maxped Micro Organizer that keeps some of my tools in place.

CalicoSalsa likes this.
  12. phatch

phatch Loaded Pockets

Zatoichi. There is a difference between mini and micro USB connectors. Android and most other phones standardized on the micro connector. It's starting to differentiate some now with USB C and usb3. Technically you have a micro USB connector in all likelihood.

CalicoSalsa likes this.
  13. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

Less fragile than they look and the easiest to carry I can find.

Made by Scosche.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone don't expect too much

DESTRO and CalicoSalsa like this.
  14. enine

enine Loaded Pockets

15. polonium9

polonium9 EDC Junkie!!!

My lumia came with a VERY TINY micro usb cable, which fits perfectly well into my altoids tin in my bag.
    that is attached via paracord to a clip on the top of my bag so I can find it in a moments notice.

In the tin is that wire, a UST pico, micro sd card, some aspirin, and a 30 pin iPhone (<=4S) to micro usb for a portable power pack I found in the discount aisle at worst buy. (I had an iPhone 4/4S at the time)
    in the bottom of my bag, floating around, is an HTC wall to USB plug I found on a bus a few years back. Works fine for on the go. If I lose it, oh well!

I'm a cheapo. Heck, if I see a cable sitting around, I'll grab it!