1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Carrying multiple items in pocket (without interfaces)

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by nuclear_shooter, Apr 23, 2014.

1. coprtoppe
    • In Omnia Paratus

coprtoppe Loaded Pockets

Don't HAVE to have a pocket to clip either (or belt loop).
    My folder is clipped along the waist band behind the belt at about 11:30 position (tilted with bottom to the left).
    Once you find the 'sweet spot' you can forget it is there at all.
    I used to carry them at about 1:30 to 2:30 position and that worked well too but I like having easy access with either hand.
    Body type and pants style may dictate who this works for.

SAKplumber and ItJustDiz like this.
  2. nicknapp

nicknapp Loaded Pockets

@coprtoppe I have on occasion carried an endura 4 like that with a dragonfly in my right front. Small knife for EDC, large knife just in case. It is amazing how comfortable it can be.

3. Tegan's Dad
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

Tegan's Dad Loaded Pockets

What about a pocket Skinth? You can have multiple things clipped to it and they'll stay in place without touching each other.

4. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

I carry a knife at 1o'clock IWB :)

P185Renegade likes this.
  5. Rainy
    • In Omnia Paratus

Rainy Uber Prepared

Ive just ordered a Skinth P2 for this very purpose, looking forward to see if it works out. Considered the M7 Toolet aswell.

Tegan's Dad likes this.
  6. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

Wearing jeans casually, I keep a Ruger LCP in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster in my front, left pocket as well as a Streamlight Microstream. In my right, front pocket, I clip a Kershaw Leek and P7 Suspension Clip with my truck key, remote clicker, and house key. Sometimes I'll carry a LM Juice S2 or Wenger SAK down in my pocket. In the last few months I've mostly stopped carrying those for a couple of reasons. In my right, rear pocket I keep my wallet, and in my left, rear pocket I'll put my Droid. I don't keep change/coinage, other keys, or random junk in my pockets.

7. nuclear_shooter

nuclear_shooter Loaded Pockets

I wonder how easy and fast it is to access item from one of those vs having it clipped to your pocket.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

8. Rainy
    • In Omnia Paratus

Rainy Uber Prepared

Ill let you know when it arrives! ;)

9. Kilted1

Kilted1 Loaded Pockets

I never gave a thought to double-clipping. I have my knife on the far right, outboard so to speak but inside the pocket, and my keys are just inboard of that on a P7. If I'm carrying a secondary knife, it's usually outboard on the left with my secondary keys just inboard there as well. Also done the 11:00 waistband thing with a small baton (Smith & Wesson makes a cute little baton with a built-in clip), but it's never worked out well with any of my knives in that position.

The pockets that have things clipped, also have other items deeper down. The clipped items rarely interfere with non-clipped, or vice-versa. The biggest organizational issue I have is the flashlight falling sideways when I pull out my wallet.

10. neginfluence04

neginfluence04 Loaded Pockets

Reaction side (right side) = knife in my front right pocket (small 5th pocket), wallet in main front right pocket, and firearm @ 4 o'clock
    Assistant side (left side) = light in front left pocket, cell phone in back left pocket, and spare mag(s) @ 10 o'clock
    Keys usually go in edc bag, jacket (if I'm wearing one), and last option right front pocket and or cargo pocket on right side.

11. Tegan's Dad
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

I can't imagine it's near as quick. It would certainly keep them in place but seems like too many barriers for a "quick draw". I would also imagine it would be significantly more difficult to remove it with gloves on in comparison.

I think the clip tightness will also have a larger impact being in a pocket organizer. You could try to pull just the knife out, and accidentally pull the whole organizer out if the clip is tight.

Do you need quick access to the light too?

12. nuclear_shooter

I would prefer it, yes.

13. nuclear_shooter

Man, these Skinth all look kinda cool, may have to check one out. I could easily spend a large chuck of change on their site :D

14. Tegan's Dad
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

My only other thought then is to steal an idea from someone else I saw here. Sew a vertical seam in the pocket (the pocket portion only, not the front of the pant leg) to act as a barrier. Then you can still have 2 items inside without touching. Personally, I wouldn't like it because you can't change things up anymore without removing the seam. Some like it though. Innovative idea (whoever it was).

15. nuclear_shooter

Just to give some closure to this, my solution was to carry my knife in my right pocket, flashlight in my left pocket, and I stopped carrying my keys on a dangler. Now carry them in the bottom of my pocket with a long fob so I can grab em easily. I also grabbed a Skinth or 3 for carrying other EDC items on my backpack/belt :bounce:

Tegan's Dad likes this.
  16. b00mhower

b00mhower Loaded Pockets

I clip my knife in my back right along with my wallet, whatever light in the front right, phone w/ case clipped to front left and keys clipped next to it

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

17. nuclear_shooter

I'm trying to sit on less :censored: and I don't want to have to keep pulling my knife out of my back pocket. Life *would* be simpler if I used them but its so uncomfortable. I know some guys have no problem, I'm just not one of em.

18. b00mhower

b00mhower Loaded Pockets

I know what you mean man. That's part of why I quit chewin cause It hurt like a somethin somethin sittin on a can all day

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ