1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Carrying 2AA light in rear pocket

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by papacrapas87, Jan 7, 2010.

1. papacrapas87

papacrapas87 Loaded Pockets

I'm kind of interested in a light that uses 2 AA batteries, something like the 4Sevens AA2.

Would it fit in a rear pocket?
    Currently, I carry a Nitecore D10 in a Sharpshooter pocket sheath in the rear pocket, and it's comfortable.
    Seems like a 2AA light would be /slightly/ longer than the current set up, but I'd have to clip the light to my pocket (to prevent it from rolling and me from sitting on it uncomfortably) which would make an inch or so stick out (with the way the clip is done)...

any thoughts?

2. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

Yes, it will fit in a rear pocket but you will have to be a little more careful not to lose it. It is much easier to not notice a light falling out of your rear pocket... I almost lost a Surefire L2 that way...

3. papacrapas87

papacrapas87 Loaded Pockets

For someone who dislikes belt sheaths, do you think a 2AA light is too big?
    I am currently a student though, so I do have my backpack with me most days, and being winter, I have a coat on... but just wondering if there's another good way to EDC it.
    I find that all my other pockets are full of other EDC gear, all except my left rear pocket :)

4. ddashner

ddashner Loaded Pockets

Most days I carry a king size sharpie in my back pocket at work. It is a little bigger than a 2AA flashlight. Most of the time I hardly notice it is there.

5. leedeaton

leedeaton Empty Pockets

I've been carrying my Fenix LD20 in my back pocket next to my wallet (mainly so it won't fall over in my pocket) for a couple months now, and it has worked beautifully. I've yet to come close to losing it, and since it's on the outside edge of my pocket, I don't even notice it's there.

6. oldblazer

oldblazer Loaded Pockets

I often carry 2xAA lights in my back pocket next to my wallet. Right now I’ve got an iTP C8T riding there, with lanyard, and don’t even notice it’s there while I’m at my desk. I have yet to snag the lanyard, but I do try to tuck it in. The wallet helps keep it upright and snug. The only time I’ve had problems is if I’m crawling around working under the car and roll onto the light; that can hurt if on pavement. Over the years I’ve carried mini Maglights, Streamlight Jr., Victorinox (Inova), River Rock, knockoffs, etc.