1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

"Carry Rotation"...... huh?

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by medic68, Nov 3, 2019.

1. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

What I carry depends entirely upon my attire. Sometimes I'm in athletic attire, somethings summer casual with cargo shorts, or pants and jacket during the winter. If there's one thing that I learned during my military career and law enforcement career is that one should be flexible. I refuse to be so set in my ways that I'm no longer flexible. Plus, I don't like carrying the same old gun around and like to change it up every once in a while.

2. weklund

weklund Loaded Pockets

My EDC carry rotation consists of a Sig 238 .380, Kimber Compact .45, and my trusty S&W 642-1 .38. I pocket carry my Sig 238 holstered in an Uncle Mikes #4 holster without fail daily. When the situation dictates I will carry my Kimber outside in a Kydex holster. The same goes for my S&W 642-1, outside belt Kydex. I am proficient with all three handguns and usually carry two daily. One is none, where I come from, so more is better if you can tolerate the regimen.

I live in So. Cal so shorts are part of my daily year-round attire. I have never been able to tolerate inside the belt carry and never will.

Happy Trails to all and Happy Holidays.

[​IMG]

3. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

My typical firearm carry “rotation” involves a 5-inch 1911 rotated anywhere between 3 o’clock to 5 o’clock on the belt; any day - every day either OWB or IWB depending on my attire.

Last edited by 0dBm, Nov 13, 2020
    #43 0dBm, Nov 13, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  4. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

I have developed a proficiency with a particular semi-auto pistol that I don’t care to change. It took over 50 years to achieve it.

For me, a firearm is for the purpose of destroying something; little if any other purpose.

I don’t own many. I don’t desire to acquire more. I’m not interested in other designs, types, or variations. Like a simple hammer, it is just a tool; although I have installed subtle improvements to enhance functionality such as sights, barrel, trigger, and grips.

This semi-auto that I discuss is meant for ONLY ONE purpose. For that, I do not desire flexibility: I REQUIRE EXTREME STABILITY. I need it to be exactly the same each and every time that I need to use it.

“One gun, one holster, in the same place each and every time.”
    -John Bianchi

BigGreenTick and jackknife like this.
  5. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

To each their own. If you're only capable and limited to one single firearm, then good for you. Stick with it. There is some truth in the saying that you can't teach an old dog new tricks. They are too stubborn and set in their ways to learn anything new.

6. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

Yup, that’s me. One trick pony. Oh, I’m quite proficient with others. I just don’t care to carry most of them; much less to use them.

Last edited by 0dBm, Nov 14, 2020
    #46 0dBm, Nov 14, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  7. ran23
    • In Omnia Paratus

ran23 Loaded Pockets

That is why I like the Winter in the PNW, you can put anything in your waistband, under 2-3 layers in a cold day.

8. Mikhail Weiss

Mikhail Weiss Loaded Pockets

I usually carry a Glock 19 or a S&W Shield. Same caliber. Same manual of arms. I don't think an "edc rotation" is a bad thing as long as one is a good student of weapon craft. When automaticity of operation has been achieved, it shouldn't matter if one is using a striker-fired gun, a Browning Hi-Power, or an S/A revolver. As the unfortunate fellow in a story posted earlier in this thread exemplifies, not achieving that level of automated response has its consequences.

That said, this is my favorite carry, and has been for years. Suum cuique.

[​IMG]

Last edited by Mikhail Weiss, Nov 16, 2020
    #48 Mikhail Weiss, Nov 16, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    twin63 likes this.
  9. jackknife

jackknife Loaded Pockets

This!

When I sold off most my gun accumulation, I just kept the S&W J frame revolvers and Ruger LCR. I noticed my shooting got better, and with no transitioning form semis to revolvers and back again, my times got better as well.

Theres a lotto be said for one holster, one gun, and shoot the ever lovin dog poo outa it.

ran23 likes this.