1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Carry-on recommendation (wheeled)

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by TarHeelBrit, Feb 26, 2014.

1. callelk

callelk Loaded Pockets

Just go to luggageworks dot com and buy either the Stealth or the Executive 22". Same bags the pilots use. I have both but have been favoring the executive for the last year. My Stealth lasted 5 years though.
    luggageworks.com/browse-products/rolling-bags/executive-22-bag.html

2. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

My next project will be the Hazard 4 air support! Check it out!

3. steeps

steeps Loaded Pockets

Looks great but the dimensions exceed most carry on restrictions. Hopefully they make a slightly smaller one.

4. TarHeelBrit
    • In Omnia Paratus

TarHeelBrit Loaded Pockets

Same here I flew from LGH to MSP and somewhere over the Atlantic they lost my bag. Two hours waiting while they investigated my missing bag. Luckily it was found , they never said where it was but it was okay and still locked,

5. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

I like the looks and the hardware that goes with it, feels like a grab and go multi-use bag rather than a typical travel roller. I may not carry this on board depending on the airline due to the size like what you said but you maybe able to cinch it tight with the straps provided. The 511 flightline roller maybe more suited if you carry it on board most of the times as it appears more like any civilian carry on; while its cheaper and probably lighter, the look was my personal drawback as the tag and some hook and loop at the sides are the only distinguishing marks of a tactical bag, - that is if you are looking for something like it. I actually have a dark grey Delsey that looks more like a covert travel roller, fits all airlines and is expandable just in case you want to put more and check it in.

6. ty.anchor

ty.anchor Loaded Pockets

I know it's a bit off topic but anyone seen a good tactical roll up bags?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. eddie1115

eddie1115 Loaded Pockets

+1 for Travelpro. I bought a two-wheel (non-spinner) about 5 years ago. Lasted through a number of business trips, no sign of wear. Good organization options (seems to be a plus for this crowd :) ). Conversely, my wife has gone through a Swiss Gear (metal handles collapsed/folded in) and a Samsonite (broken zippers, not a huge deal I suppose) in the same amount of time.

8. Mohican

Mohican Empty Pockets

I got a tumi t-tech continental carry-on. Haven't used it yet, but am happy with the purchase. The dimensions are larger, but called several airlines and they said it was ok. TSA approved locks too.

9. ArtMiller

ArtMiller Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

- 5.11 Mission Ready 2.0 Travel Bag

Cheers,
    Art

tigz likes this.
  10. tigz

tigz Loaded Pockets

Art, why didn't you get the flight line?

11. ArtMiller

ArtMiller Loaded Pockets

flight line was to small, I need a bag for my work stuff as well as for my private stuff.... AND THE DESIGN IS NICE :)

12. Deanster

Deanster Loaded Pockets

Just recently bought two of the eBags house-brand 21" TLS rolling duffles, and they're great roll-aboards. Good handles, realistic design that will still go overhead when you've stuffed it, expandable so you can check it on the return flight when you've bought too much crap, very easy and smooth rolling.

The other design I really like is the Costco house brand luggage - totally worth a look.

However, I first bought one of the eBags TLS, and then my wife claimed it after our first trip, she loved how easily it rolled, so I had to go buy myself a second one.

[​IMG]

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  13. Vinny Loyola

Vinny Loyola Loaded Pockets

I have been traveling about twice a month for the past year with the Eagle Creek Morphus 22" and I have been extremely pleased with it, it is a hybrid carry on in the sense that the bottom part is hard and the upper part is soft.

[​IMG]

It can also be converted into a backpack:

[​IMG]

And It can even be "separated into two full 22" bags (useful when you really go overboard with souvenirs)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was particularly helpful when a check in agent was very adamant that I had extra weight in my only checked bag, even though I had a two bag allowance on the flight, she was very adamant that if I had two bags it would have been ok but that my only bag was overweight... I immediately and in front of her took the Morphus and converted into two bags which obviously were below the allowed weight each... you should have seen her face when she no longer was able to charge me for excess weight, it was one of those "priceless" moments ;)

The bag itself it´s very light (7 lbs for both bags) and rolls very easly, it´s not a cheap bag (MSRP: 395, but you can get it cheaper in amazon) but if you travel a lot it´s really worth the price tag.

Morphus 22

www. eaglecreek. com

Vinny

PS NO I´m not related to eagle creek I´m just a very happy customer.

Last edited by Vinny Loyola, Apr 1, 2014