1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Carry on Backpack Recommendation

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by Muhammad Moinur Rahman, Jul 7, 2017.

1. madeinhb

madeinhb Loaded Pockets

I can second this. I use mine when I bring clothes with me. Can pack about a weeks worth in it. Longer I use something bigger

2. stevekirst865

stevekirst865 Empty Pockets

I've carried an Osprey Manta 30 backpack. My son carries a Manta 28 newer year. But haven't had any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Saber52

Saber52 Empty Pockets

Not sure how the size your looking for but a vertx gamut may be a choice for you. It however as many will it is deceptively shallow with almost no depth expansion it's a rather tall bag but good quality use mine for carry in areas where a lower profile is necessary

4. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

The Gamut is maybe the worst Carry-on bag that I have tried!

The lack of depth and space in general coupled with the many pockets meant that when going through checkpoints I need to empty the bag several times but then I could not cram everything back in there quickly to leave?

I still keep trying it too but always with the same results,I love the way the bag seems like it would work.

onebadwagon likes this.
  5. Quino171

Quino171 Empty Pockets

I have trusted Kelty line of rucks when deploying to semi-permissive places. The kelty redwing 50 and avocet 30

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

6. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

I have the smaller GR2 and the Covrt18. If I'm carrying a laptop, I prefer the GR2. I really like the way the GR2 carries a laptop. The Covrt18 has more admin if you're carrying smaller items. Price-wise, you'll find the Covrt18 hard to beat.

No experience with the Camelbak.

7. Chiles

Chiles Loaded Pockets

GR2 and they are on sale right now.

8. Datu

Datu Loaded Pockets

Never an issue here maybe its the preferred traveler number or the mil id card. I use a modded 5.11 MOAB 10, in coyote brown modded for shoulder strap use, and I fly alot as well. That or use a 5.11 nitro in that black grey combo. if I had to choose, urban assault.

9. GhostMeat

GhostMeat Loaded Pockets

I just happen to be on my first trip with an Arc'teryx Assault 30/Khard 30. I was a little worried it might not fit under the seat. And it wouldn't on one of those smaller planes that have the annoyingly small underfoot aisle foot areas. But...I'm in a window seat on a 737 today and it's fine. So...Pretty good carry on option.

Expensive as heck, but I'm carrying tech gear in it and it's good that it's already padded.i have a laptop in one of those plastic shells instead of a slip case and I'm totally fine with that. It's work issue so I sort of don't care if it gets wrecked. Hahaha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. JC807

JC807 Loaded Pockets

I travelled to the USA from Australia with my Kifaru Molle Express with no raised eyebrows